Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 03, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Ticketless Buses Zone 1?

Mait001 writes
So why bother posting at all if you are completely and utterly ignorant
of the facts?

To elicit informative reples.

Information that had a previously been supplied which you hadn't
bothered to read properly.

Dave, point me to exactly where you quoted chapter and verse as to which buses
would be banned and which would not.

"DDA rules [1] would mean (unless some specific exemption was granted)
that the remaining Routemasters would have to be retired by 2017 at the
very latest."

[1] The Public Service Vehicles Accessibility Regulations 2000
http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/s...0/20003318.htm

There you are. No mention of all double-deck vehicles there - and a
link to the relevant regulations for you to inspect them yourself.

In any case, for whatever reason, I did not see it: do you really think I would
write what I did if I DID know the precise regulations.

So firstly you say; "I was responding to an earlier posting which did
suggest DDA or whatever would mean the Routemaster would have to end
service by 2017." But now you want to change your story and claim that
you never read it in the first place.

So, again, why not crucify me for asking the question in the way I did?

Firstly, I didn't 'crucify' you. Stop making yourself out to be a some
kind of martyr. I merely advised you that "perhaps you ought to
research some facts before posting in future". Not an unreasonable
thing to say in the circumstances - certainly not anything that can be
construed as crucifying you.

Then let's have a look at what you were saying; that the disabled lobby
"have a lost [sic] to answer for" as you erroneously decided they were
responsible "for making single-deck buses compulsory by 2017".

You made a stupid, inflammatory and downright insulting statement,
simply because you couldn't be arsed to read something correctly or
bother to check your facts. You have exposed your ignorance and
stupidity and now are lashing out in order to try and wriggle out of it
by claiming to be hard done by. That just won't wash. Grow up.

--
Dave