Old October 11th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Any sudden tunnels between Stratford and Brentwood?

In message . 145, at
10:53:33 on Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Tristán White
remarked:
(a) I'll be on the slower, Brentford train

AARRGGHH!!!

Brentford is the place in WEST London where the Nylons come from.

Old October 11th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message . 145, at
10:53:33 on Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Tristán White
remarked:
(a) I'll be on the slower, Brentford train

AARRGGHH!!!

Brentford is the place in WEST London where the Nylons come from.

The land of perpetual 'closing-down' sales, IIRC. I seem to recollect a band
called 'Brentford and the Nylons, as well.
Brian

Old October 11th 06, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Brentford is the place in WEST London where the Nylons come from.

ooops :-) thanks. Slight slip there. :-)

Old October 12th 06, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tristán White wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in news:1160567637.212484.202790
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

John Rowland wrote:

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

(snip)

Are there lifts in the bunker? Can you avoid using them?

No lifts as far as I can remember. But best to double check - I don't
want to be held responsible!

Even if there is a lift, there will always be a stairway equivalent for
fire escape purposes, so I'll just take that.

There's no lift in Kelvedon Hatch. I imagine ther would have been a
shortage of lift engineers in the aftermath of a nuclear apocalypse
should someone have got stuck in one. The positive pressure used to
keep any fallout from entering might have caused problems when the
doors were shut could have caused ear problems I suppose, though when
they cut through the wall to create the exit a few years ago it kind if
negated that problem.
As for any problems with trains passing how about industrial ear
defenders, a tampon up each nostril and a ball gag? That should stop
any distress. :-)

Neill

Old October 12th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 12/10/06 12:37, "Neillw001" wrote:

As for any problems with trains passing how about industrial ear
defenders, a tampon up each nostril and a ball gag? That should stop
any distress. :-)

But, please, don't post the pictures into abpr! :-)

Old October 12th 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Stimpy wrote:
As for any problems with trains passing how about industrial ear
defenders, a tampon up each nostril and a ball gag? That should stop
any distress. :-)

But, please, don't post the pictures into abpr! :-)

s"don't"/"do". Preferably titled "A walk through W**dhead Tunnel - Rare
Photos of Strategic Reserve", to ensure maximum readership...

[is evil]

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org