Old November 15th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default NLL Closure / DLR to Stratford International

Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
The ideal solution would be to build new DLR platforms high over
the existing NLL platform, join the current JLE island to the
current NLL island, and reroute the Londonbound JLE via the
current NLL platform for North Woolwich, so you end up with both
DLR islands sitting on top of a very wide JLE island. I think the
A13 westbound slip road would get in the way of the raised DLR
track to/from Stratford ... but that sliproad is hardly necessary,
because the current eastbound sliproad could be made 2-way without
too many problems.
Nice layout idea - but I'm unconvinced about making the eastbound
sliproad 2-way. The angles would be horrific.

What angles?

For westbound vehicles trying to get onto the A13... am I missing
something?

Maybe you thought I meant that the westbound offfslip would be made two
way... I meant that the eastbound offslip would be made two way as far as
the East India Dock Road/Leamouth Road junction.

Old November 15th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
[...]

I think I've confused myself now - yes, I think I got confused by the
westbound off-slip, and I was also looking at old aerial imagery from
before the opening of the eastbound Aspen Way to Canning Town access, so
that didn't really help.

Under your plan, westbound traffic would no longer be able to directly
access Aspen Way - instead it would have to route via Leamouth Road. It
would also render defunct the entire westbound access viaduct which is
rather new.

Perhaps instead the viaduct could be dropped down to Wharfside Road,
which would take westbound access traffic from the roundabout via
Stephenson St and Bidder St. However, with a conflict across eastbound
egress traffic and a couple of right-angled bends, I don't think it
would win any road safety awards.

The planned layout seems like the only practical one, given the space
constraints of the site.

--
Dave Arquati
Old November 25th 06, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dave Arquati
writes
John Rowland wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:
John Rowland wrote:
[...]

Does anyone know anything about proposed special services to North
Woolwich on 10 December ?.
--
martyn dawe