Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 26th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG Island Gardens via Bank to Liverpool Street

On 26 Nov 2006 14:35:53 -0800, "Paul Oter"
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
On 26 Nov 2006 14:02:25 -0800, wrote:

When going from Island Garden to Liverpool Street I use DLR to Bank and
then the Central Line. Do I need to touch out on the readers at Bank
as I am going from DLR to LU or is this considered one journey?

That is one continuous journey.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/dlr/tickets/oyster_faqs.shtml#9 says:

"How do I use Oyster Pre Pay at Bank station?

If you interchange with the DLR at Bank you need to touch your Oyster
card flat on the yellow reader again on the DLR concourse. If you do
not touch in and out at Bank's DLR concourse you may be charged more
than you need. This is not necessary at other interchange stations."

Interesting. I can't think of any reason why that would be (there is
at least one other DLRLU interchange without intervening gatelines)
- unless the thought is that there are possible 2 hour journeys from
Beckton/Lewisham.

Which suggests that you *do* need to touch out at the DLR concourse,
though it isn't clear whether you still need to do it if you intend to
exit Bank station though the ticket gates immediately afterwards

I would say not, as that is not "interchanging with the DLR".