Old December 16th 06, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kengestion Charge extension

Signs are now appearing on the border, giving the start date .... there is
one at Grosvenor Crescent.

Old December 17th 06, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 19:41:32 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Signs are now appearing on the border, giving the start date .... there is
one at Grosvenor Crescent.

Ditto on North Pole Road (off Wood Lane W12). Most 5-eye monsters are
in place around as well as within the extended tax zone (did I call it
a tax?). Councils have posted out the charge info to people with
residents' parking in the last few weeks - they're apparently not
allowed by the Data Prot Act to pass on the names to Ken, which sounds
like a true example of rights doing a wrong since if the borough
accepts a car as "resident" Crapita could load the parking data and
save themselves the hassle of taking 10 quid off the punter (one-off
exemption this time if the form is in before 19 Jan).
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com
Old December 18th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Signs are now appearing on the border, giving the start date .... there is
one at Grosvenor Crescent.

Fantastic There are so many one-to-a-car drivers around there that I
hope this eases up the traffic.

Old December 22nd 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Signs are now appearing on the border, giving the start date .... there is
one at Grosvenor Crescent.

Fantastic There are so many one-to-a-car drivers around there that I
hope this eases up the traffic.

Do you think people choose to drive to central london?
Would the congestion be there if the traffic lights were not all
rephased?
Some of te people (in fact most) HAVE to drive into London and this is
merely Livingstone on one of his anti-car missions. I work shifts on
the ralway, and I cannot get to work for 5am without driving, so when I
finish at 2pm how I am supposed to get home from Victoria without going
through the zone?

Please don't think this has anything to do with congestion, it is a
pollution tax. Livingstone should be prosecuted under trade
descriptions!!!!

Old December 22nd 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Some of te people (in fact most) HAVE to drive into London and this is
merely Livingstone on one of his anti-car missions. I work shifts on
the ralway, and I cannot get to work for 5am without driving, so when I
finish at 2pm how I am supposed to get home from Victoria without going
through the zone?

Right, cos there aren't any buses in central London at 4AM, or any car
parks outside of the zone.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old December 22nd 06, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Some of te people (in fact most) HAVE to drive into London and this is
merely Livingstone on one of his anti-car missions. I work shifts on
the ralway, and I cannot get to work for 5am without driving, so when I
finish at 2pm how I am supposed to get home from Victoria without going
through the zone?

There are 11 bus routes that run all night through Victoria:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...buses-2280.pdf

Also, the congestion charge doesn't cover journeys to/from Victoria if
you use the right routes:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/cc-ex/pdfs...p-6-Master.pdf

Old December 22nd 06, 10:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Some of te people (in fact most) HAVE to drive into London and this is
merely Livingstone on one of his anti-car missions. I work shifts on
the ralway, and I cannot get to work for 5am without driving, so when I
finish at 2pm how I am supposed to get home from Victoria without going
through the zone?

Right, cos there aren't any buses in central London at 4AM, or any car
parks outside of the zone.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
www.johnband.org

Who in their right mind would rely on a Night Bus at 4a.m. to get to
work on time or at all?

Marc.

Old December 22nd 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Also, the congestion charge doesn't cover journeys to/from Victoria if
you use the right routes:

..... although it probably does cover everywhere near Victoria he might be
allowed to park.

Old December 22nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 Dec 2006 03:42:58 -0800, "
wrote:

Who in their right mind would rely on a Night Bus at 4a.m. to get to
work on time or at all?

I once had to catch a very early flight which entailed using night buses
to get to Victoria. You would be surprised how many people do catch
these buses *in* to town - office cleaners, shift workers etc. It isn't
all ****ed people coming home from clubs. The network is much busier and
more extensive now than when I made the trip I referred to above.
--
Paul C