Old January 3rd 07, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday service on Sat 30/12

Was there a Sunday service running on the tube on Saturday 30/12? I checked
on the TfL website to find that there was no work scheduled on the Waterloo
and City line (for possibly the first and last time of the year) but on
arriving at Waterloo it was closed off. Getting in touch with TfL I was told
it was closed as they were running a Sunday service on this day, and as the
W&C does not run on Sunday that was why it was closed. But I didn't see any
mention of that on their site.

Thanks.
Jon.

Old January 3rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jon Combe wrote:
Was there a Sunday service running on the tube on Saturday 30/12? I
checked on the TfL website to find that there was no work scheduled
on the Waterloo and City line (for possibly the first and last time
of the year) but on arriving at Waterloo it was closed off. Getting
in touch with TfL I was told it was closed as they were running a
Sunday service on this day, and as the W&C does not run on Sunday
that was why it was closed. But I didn't see any mention of that on
their site.

The TfL leaflet "Travel Information for the Festive Season" (just
rescued from the recycling box after seeing your post!) said:

-------------------
Saturday 30 December
Tube
Saturday service on all lines with the following exception:
Bakerloo line: trains will not stop at Regent's Park.
-------------------

Note that on Saturdays the W&C runs only between 08:00 and 18:30.

--
Richard J.

Old January 3rd 07, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jon Combe" wrote:

Was there a Sunday service running on the tube on Saturday 30/12? I
checked
on the TfL website to find that there was no work scheduled on the
Waterloo
and City line (for possibly the first and last time of the year) but on
arriving at Waterloo it was closed off. Getting in touch with TfL I was
told
it was closed as they were running a Sunday service on this day, and as
the
W&C does not run on Sunday that was why it was closed. But I didn't see
any
mention of that on their site.

I had exactly the same experience. Navigated the seemingly endless passages
and stairs at Bank/Monument, only to find the W&C closed. I too had checked
the TfL website before setting off, and there was no mention of the W&C
being shut, this being a Saturday.

Chris

Old January 4th 07, 08:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Richard J. wrote:
Jon Combe wrote:
[...]

Thanks for confirming what I thought. This was around 10:00am BTW so it
should have been open then.

Here is the reply from TfL:-

--------------------------
Thank you for your feedback form. On that Saturday we were running a
Sunday service across the network, and the W&C line is not open on a
Sunday. That is why it was closed that day.

Please contact me again if you need any help in the future.
--------------------------

I wonder if 2007 will be a better year for the W&C! Maybe the drivers
having been used to not working Saturdays are reluctant to go back!

Jon.

Old January 4th 07, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jon Combe wrote:
In article ,
Richard J. wrote:
Jon Combe wrote:
[...]

I trust you will write back to point out that their Festive Season
leaflet said they would run a Saturday service across the network!

I quoted the relevant part of the leaflet in my earlier post. The PDF
file has disappeared from the TfL site, but Google's cache still has an
HTML version at http://tinyurl.com/yfarla
(Relevant text on page 13, which was page 21 of the original leaflet.)

--
Richard J.