Old February 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Time for a stock update!!!

Hey people,

I went out last weekend to photograph the 83ts which are near
Liverpool St being used by an artist I believe, photos found he
http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/

What i was wondering is what has happened to the other stock that was
dumped around the network? Can anyone update on:-

South Harrow; any 83ts left in there or has it all now finally gone?

MOD Pigs Bay: I believe was home to some Mk 1 72ts, gone or just
forgotten in there?

Acton Works: 1 train of Mk 1 72ts, gone?

Uxbridge Sidings; I know some of them are now on the studio roof near
Liverpool St and one was gutted by fire, are there any left there?

Neasden; one time home to 83ts, heard they had left for scrap?

Cockfosters; couple of 83ts, probably welded themselves to the rails
by now!

Someones back garden (!); I believe there as a 59ts carriage bought by
someone for use in their garden, I presume he still has it?

Acton; a converted 62ts for use on Sandite workings, gone?

Mangapps Farm, Essex: 59ts Heritage train

Ongar, 62ts believed to be burnt by vandals?

Lillie Bridge and London Road Depots; Mk 1 72ts

If anyone can satisfy my curiosity by updating the above I will be
very grateful! If anyone knows where there is preserved vintage tube
stock i would also be interested to know!

Old February 16th 07, 11:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Feb 2007 16:06:01 -0800, "Standing at HN28 signal"
wrote:

[...]

I understand that the Uxbridge stock has all gone - some of it to
Shoreditch. My department was involved in trying to get it moved!

Not sure about the exact status of South Harrow but the intention is
certainly that it will go too.

Cockfosters has definitely gone as again we were involved in getting
that moved following a load of complaints.

Don't know about the other items on your list.

--
Paul C

Old February 17th 07, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

Why shorditch? What will they do with it there, is it just going to me
marooned forever once that section of the line is lifted?

Cockfosters has definitely gone as again we were involved in getting
that moved following a load of complaints.

Could they be moved or did they have to be cut up on site?

B2003

Old February 17th 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Feb 2007 14:34:46 -0800, "Boltar" wrote:

On Feb 17, 12:19 am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On 16 Feb 2007 16:06:01 -0800, "Standing at HN28 signal"

wrote:
Hey people,
If anyone can satisfy my curiosity by updating the above I will be
very grateful! If anyone knows where there is preserved vintage tube
stock i would also be interested to know!

I understand that the Uxbridge stock has all gone - some of it to
Shoreditch. My department was involved in trying to get it moved!

Why shorditch? What will they do with it there, is it just going to me
marooned forever once that section of the line is lifted?

They are to be converted into artists studios - don't ask. I have a
computer mock up "sketch" in an E Mail at work that shows the end
result. I'd rather forget about them.

Cockfosters has definitely gone as again we were involved in getting
that moved following a load of complaints.

Could they be moved or did they have to be cut up on site?

I believe they were moved but I understand why you ask - they'd been sat
there for a hell of a long time.
--
Paul C

Old February 18th 07, 08:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 17 Feb, 22:45, Paul Corfield wrote:
On 17 Feb 2007 14:34:46 -0800, "Boltar" wrote:
Why shorditch? What will they do with it there, is it just going to me
marooned forever once that section of the line is lifted?

They are to be converted into artists studios - don't ask. I have a
computer mock up "sketch" in an E Mail at work that shows the end
result. I'd rather forget about them.

They are located near to Shoreditch, not actually the station. They
are suspended on a roof, photos can be seen he
http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/c1206004.html

Why do you want to forget about 'em? Didn't like 83ts?

Old February 19th 07, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 18, 9:00 am, "Standing at HN28 signal"
wrote:
On 17 Feb, 22:45, Paul Corfield wrote:

On 17 Feb 2007 14:34:46 -0800, "Boltar" wrote:
Why shorditch? What will they do with it there, is it just going to me
marooned forever once that section of the line is lifted?

They are to be converted into artists studios - don't ask. I have a
computer mock up "sketch" in an E Mail at work that shows the end
result. I'd rather forget about them.

They are located near to Shoreditch, not actually the station. They
are suspended on a roof, photos can be seen hehttp://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/c1206004.html

Eyesore is a word that springs to mind. Wonder if they're going to
clean that graffiti off or just leave it there because its a "valid
artistic expression of street culture amongst contemporary youth" or
some such b0llocks? Even if they do clean it off I suspect it will be
a temptation too good to miss for the little oiks with their spray
cans.

B2003

Old February 19th 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

I believe the graffiti is to be cleaned off and the trains will be
used to exhibit art, of what kind I do not know! Don't think they are
easily accessible without accessing the nearby premises.

Old February 20th 07, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 19, 9:08 pm, "Standing at HN28 signal"
wrote:
I believe the graffiti is to be cleaned off and the trains will be
used to exhibit art, of what kind I do not know! Don't think they are
easily accessible without accessing the nearby premises.

Given some of the how-the-hell-did-they-get-there type places we've
all seen graffiti I suspect it won't be too much of a challenge for
them

B2003

Old February 20th 07, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
I believe the graffiti is to be cleaned off and the trains will be
used to exhibit art, of what kind I do not know! Don't think they
are easily accessible without accessing the nearby premises.

Given some of the how-the-hell-did-they-get-there type places we've
all seen graffiti I suspect it won't be too much of a challenge for
them

Well, it was easy enough the first time. Those cars were newly painted
when they were placed on the viaduct, and the graffiti appeared very
soon afterwards.
--
Richard J.

Old February 20th 07, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes

Given some of the how-the-hell-did-they-get-there type places we've
all seen graffiti I suspect it won't be too much of a challenge for
them

Well, it was easy enough the first time. Those cars were newly painted
when they were placed on the viaduct, and the graffiti appeared very
soon afterwards.

From the pictures I saw, they were very much in the same condition they
left Uxbridge sidings in - a bit grimy but bare metal and mostly no
graffiti, although there was a little.