Old March 9th 07, 04:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which car for a quick exit?

I am aware that there is a book which suggests which tube car you should
use for a quick exit from stations - but does this information appear
on-line anywhere?

If not, could anybody tell me where I should alight for a quick exit at
each of the following stations:

Southbound Kings Cross (Northern Line) for transfer to the southbound
Piccadilly.

Southbound Piccadilly at Leicester Square for the surface.

Northbound Holloway Road.

Southbound Kings Cross (Piccadilly) for Met/Circle

Northbound Metropolitan at Wembley Park

South/East Bound Jubilee at London Bridge for mainline station.

Hopefully I can shave about 10/15 minutes off what I have got to do
tomorrow.

--
Bob

Old March 9th 07, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood wrote:
I am aware that there is a book which suggests which tube car you should
use for a quick exit from stations

It's the Way Out Tube Map. You can get it at Stanfords in Long Acre.

I'll leave the other questions to other people.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old March 10th 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood wrote:

If not, could anybody tell me where I should alight for a quick exit at
each of the following stations:

Southbound Kings Cross (Northern Line) for transfer to the southbound
Piccadilly.

Back of the train

Southbound Kings Cross (Piccadilly) for Met/Circle

Front of the train

Old March 11th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 10, 6:27 pm, Stuart wrote:
Bob Wood wrote:
If not, could anybody tell me where I should alight for a quick exit at
each of the following stations:

Southbound Kings Cross (Northern Line) for transfer to the southbound
Piccadilly.

Back of the train

Sorry but that one was just wrong! For Northern Line it's right at the
front! Just up the short escalator and s/b Pic is straight in front of
you.

Old March 11th 07, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:17:59 GMT, "Bob Wood"
wrote:

I am aware that there is a book which suggests which tube car you should
use for a quick exit from stations - but does this information appear
on-line anywhere?

If not, could anybody tell me where I should alight for a quick exit at
each of the following stations:

Southbound Kings Cross (Northern Line) for transfer to the southbound
Piccadilly.

front of the train.

Southbound Piccadilly at Leicester Square for the surface.

I trust you mean w/b Picc. There are two exits so either cars 3 or 4.

Northbound Holloway Road.

Car 3 I think!

Southbound Kings Cross (Piccadilly) for Met/Circle

Front of the train.

Northbound Metropolitan at Wembley Park

Not sure but possibly car 6.

South/East Bound Jubilee at London Bridge for mainline station.

Car 3 or 4.

Hopefully I can shave about 10/15 minutes off what I have got to do
tomorrow.

When using numbers I am assuming car 1 is the leading car of the train
and counting back from there.

HTH.

--
Paul C

Old March 11th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

If not, could anybody tell me where I should alight for a quick exit at
each of the following stations:

Northbound Holloway Road.

Car 3 I think!

No, i *think* you want the frontmost car. I lived there for two years, so
i really should know, but i'm afraid i cycled most of the time!

tom

--
Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, and then perhaps we will learn the
truth. -- Friedrich Kekule
Old March 11th 07, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Paul Corfield typed:
wrote:

[...]

Many thanks to all who replied. I've now bought the Way Out map -
thanks, Michael. Stanfords had plenty of them in stock, even though
none of their staff seemed to have heard of it and they certainly didn't
know where I might find it.

I'm sure it's going to be very useful though - particularly when
alighting on crammed platforms.

--
Bob

Old March 11th 07, 09:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Wood wrote:

Many thanks to all who replied. I've now bought the Way Out map -
thanks, Michael. Stanfords had plenty of them in stock, even though
none of their staff seemed to have heard of it and they certainly didn't
know where I might find it.

How funny.

I'm sure it's going to be very useful though - particularly when
alighting on crammed platforms.

It is most helpful at lift stations, of course.

Unfortunately it is not accurate 100 percent of the time (probably due
to changes in station layout at some places), but it is the vast
majority of times. In addition to marking corrections, I have also added
asterisks to mine in places where there is a cross-platform transfer.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old March 11th 07, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message

Unfortunately it is not accurate 100 percent of the time (probably due
to changes in station layout at some places), but it is the vast
majority of times. In addition to marking corrections, I have also added
asterisks to mine in places where there is a cross-platform transfer.

I bought it ages ago, took one look at it, decided I couldn't make heads
nor tails of it and struck it in a drawer!

Ian

Old March 11th 07, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In ,
Ian F. typed:

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message

Unfortunately it is not accurate 100 percent of the time (probably
due to changes in station layout at some places), but it is the vast
majority of times. In addition to marking corrections, I have also
added asterisks to mine in places where there is a cross-platform
transfer.

I bought it ages ago, took one look at it, decided I couldn't make
heads nor tails of it and struck it in a drawer!

You should have put it on Ebay. I could then have bought it from you.
;-)

--
Bob