Old March 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Photography underground

The most common problem I've found is that staff tend to shout "no
photographs" etc and refuse to believe that non-commercial photography
is allowed. If you then refer them to "Standard Sa109" of the LU
Working Manual, they then seem to take offence at being proved wrong,
or exposed as liars, and then change tack by saying that you must now
leave the station because you're creating a nuisance, when of course
it is them who are doing the hassling! Also I've found that by
refering to official entries both in the Working Manual and Traffic
Crcular, this often brings the response "Are you staff? You should
know better! Why haven't you signed in?". "Because I'm not on duty and
have no more rights than an ordinary passenger" I reply, to which they
they counter with "Well then you've no right to take photographs" and
so it goes around in circles... I was prepared to take a concilitory
approach immediately after 7/7 because many Londoners, including LU
staff, were traumatised to a greater or lesser degree but enough is
enough! Network Rail's website welcomes enthuisasts at its stations,
New York lifted its post 9/11 ban on Subway photography. Maybe I'll
stop photographing LU when they stop filming me in every ticket hall,
on every platform, in increasing number of cars, and tracking me 24/7
by Oyster!!!

Old March 13th 07, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm sure any staff member in the station will know, though

True