Old April 18th 07, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A RIGHT ROYAL GIVEAWAY: RYANAIR TO HAND OUT FREE FLIGHTS TO LONDONERS!

In an unprecedented move, Ryanair, Europe's largest low fares airline,
will have "The Queen" handing out free flights to Londoners in the
centre of London. It takes place on Thursday lunchtime (19 April), to
celebrate Her Majesty's birthday.

Ryanair's UK Sales & Marketing Manager Caroline Baldwin said, "We
couldn't be happier to wish the Queen a very happy birthday. And to
celebrate, Ryanair will be handing out free flights to anybody who
brings a birthday card to our very own Queen look-a-like.

Nobody will walk away empty handed, as long as they bring a card of
any size, shape or design. All you have to do is bring it along to
present to "The Queen" outside County Hall and the London Eye on
London's South Bank this Friday lunchtime.

No ifs, no buts, anybody who brings a card gets a free flight,
courtesy of Ryanair.

DATE: Thursday 19 April
TIME: 12.30-1.30pm
PLACE: Outside County Hall and the London Eye, South Bank, London

Old April 18th 07, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 18 Apr, 15:39, wrote:
[...]

Yeah , you get a free one way flight to an old military airfield 30
miles from anywhere interesting and then you have to pay double rate
for the return ticket. I've seen that sort of "free" before.

B2003

Old April 19th 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 08:25:24AM -0700, Boltar wrote:

Yeah , you get a free one way flight to an old military airfield 30
miles from anywhere interesting

.... with no public transport

and then you have to pay double rate
for the return ticket. I've seen that sort of "free" before.

Don't forget you'll have to pay taxes, fuel surcharge, luggage charge,
and so on.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

All principles of gravity are negated by fear
-- Cartoon Law V
Old April 20th 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

On 18 Apr 2007 08:25:24 -0700, Boltar wrote:

Yeah , you get a free one way flight to an old military airfield 30
miles from anywhere interesting and then you have to pay double rate
for the return ticket. I've seen that sort of "free" before.

B2003

Of the two rubbish airlines operating in this country I much prefer
Easyjet but nither will ever see any of my cash give me BA anytime.

Be fair -- Ryanair is truly spartan, and the boarding experience is
awful, but the planes are clean and modern, and the flights punctual.

My most recent trip was on Ryanair to Eindhoven (which is where I wanted
to go), and the total fare was £24.57, including taxes, fees and charges
(the fare itself was tuppence, plus £5.40 for priority boarding and
debit card fee). Both flights were smooth and arrived early, and they
even have a glossy magazine now (not just a beverages price list).

Had I done the same journey by BA, I'd have had to go via Schiphol,
which would have taken far longer, and the add-ons alone would have been
more than the whole Ryanair cost. KLM do fly direct to Eindhoven, but
their slower turboprop flight was many times more expensive than
Ryanair, and the timings wouldn't have worked for me.

The previous week I flew BA to Montreal, and the flight was half an hour
late back, and we had to use a remote stand at LHR T4. The week before I
went to Jo'burg on Virgin, and the flight back was hours late (because
we had to return to Jo'burg to offload some bags that were wrongly
loaded, and then landed at LGW because the crew had run out of hours,
which meant another remote stand and no waiting limo). The fares on
those two trips together was about £10,000 in total, and both delivered
less than expected; Ryanair delivered more than expected, for less than
£25 (which was only just over the short term parking cost at Stansted).
So, of course I'd rather be relaxing in a VS Upper Class Suite, but
Ryanair does meet a need for a truly astonishing price

Old April 21st 07, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 20, 11:38 pm, "Recliner" wrote:
loaded, and then landed at LGW because the crew had run out of hours,
which meant another remote stand and no waiting limo). The fares on

No waiting limo? Wow, lifes tough for you. How do you cope?

those two trips together was about £10,000 in total, and both delivered
less than expected;

Fly less then and use video conferencing.

B2003

Old April 21st 07, 08:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com
On Apr 20, 11:38 pm, "Recliner" wrote:
loaded, and then landed at LGW because the crew had run out of hours,
which meant another remote stand and no waiting limo). The fares on

No waiting limo? Wow, lifes tough for you. How do you cope?

Well, the limo was waiting, but at LHR, not LGW. So I coped by taking
the coach to LHR like everyone else. Given that Virgin uses the same
limo firm at both airports, and had a couple of hours warning of the
diversion, I had hoped they'd have been better organised.

BTW, remember that I'm defending Ryanair, and I certainly don't expect
any limos when I travel with that airline!

those two trips together was about £10,000 in total, and both
delivered less than expected;

Fly less then and use video conferencing.

You obviously aren't familiar with bandwidth-starved South Africa...