Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 30th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Zone 2-3 Travelcard. Charging Question.

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:37:19 -0400, David of Broadway wrote:

Notting Hill Gate is in an odd position zonewise.

Is Notting Hill Gate to Heathrow treated as Z1-6 or Z2-6? How about
Notting Hill Gate to Acton Town?

If they're treated as Z2-6, am I breaking any rules if I travel via
Earl's Court rather than Ealing Broadway?

No.

And if they're treated as
Z1-6 by default, is there any way to prove to the system that I traveled
via Ealing Broadway (e.g., touch an Oyster pad at Ealing Broadway) so
I'm charged the lower fare?

No. Though if you wanted, you could leave through the barriers at
Ealing Broadway and re-enter, making it two journeys instead of one.
This would prevent you being charged an excess fare if you had a Z2-6
Travelcard season on your Oyster.