Old May 13th 07, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Empire Way (Wembley Plaza Hotel)

"Jack Taylor" ha scritto nel messaggio
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

suffice.
The
confusion is probably because Chiltern do sell Zone 1-6 Travelcards from
country stations beyond the limit of zone 6 (High Wycombe, Aylesbury etc.)
in which case the ticket allows for a return trip by train from the
originating station to the outer boundary of zone 6 and then unlimited
travel within the valid zones.

Thanks, now I'm understanding, I hope...
Please help me again.
I will travel with two fourteen years old boys. If I understood well I will
have to buy in the first, im my path, tfl ticket office a £ 5,70 (off
peak)1-4 travelcard and two £ 1,00 travelcard for children traveling with
me. Am I right?

Old May 13th 07, 02:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Aglians wrote:
Please help me again.
I will travel with two fourteen years old boys. If I understood well
I will have to buy in the first, im my path, tfl ticket office a £
5,70 (off peak)1-4 travelcard and two £ 1,00 travelcard for children
traveling with me. Am I right?

As I live outside the zones myself and don't travel with children I'm not
entirely sure.

However, looking at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...April-2007.pdf (page
10/11 of the printed document, page 6 of the PDF)

suggests that the £1 child fares are only available on Zones 1-6 Travelcards
(in which case it would work out cheaper for you to buy one of those and
take advantage of paying £2 total for two accompanied boys , rather than
them having their own Travelcards - unless, of course, you are happy for
them to go off on their own at any point, in which case they must have their
own tickets). Hopefully someone who is more familiar with buying family
tickets will be able to advise you more accurately than I am able to!

Old May 13th 07, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aglians" typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

suffice.
The
confusion is probably because Chiltern do sell Zone 1-6 Travelcards from
country stations beyond the limit of zone 6 (High Wycombe, Aylesbury etc.)
in which case the ticket allows for a return trip by train from the
originating station to the outer boundary of zone 6 and then unlimited
travel within the valid zones.

Thanks, now I'm understanding, I hope...
Please help me again.
I will travel with two fourteen years old boys. If I understood well I will
have to buy in the first, im my path, tfl ticket office a £ 5,70 (off
peak)1-4 travelcard and two £ 1,00 travelcard for children traveling with
me. Am I right?

I think children over 14 need Photocards to prove that they are under
16. Sorry to complicate matters.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 19th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message
Aglians wrote:
[...]

The implication of
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...pril-2007.pdf:
"If you have a valid Travelcard you can buy an all Zones Off-Peak Day
Travelcard for up to 4 under-16s travelling with you for just £1 each."
is that you can buy the Zone 1-6 £1 accompanying child tickets regardless
of which zones your own travelcard covers.
--
David Biddulph