Old May 11th 07, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Empire Way (Wembley Plaza Hotel)

Hi, I am italian. Probably next june I will stay at Wembley Plaza Hotel, in
Empire way, next Wembley stadium. A few years ago I already staied at this
hotel and I remember that the closest tube station to get central London was
1 Km or more far. Has something changed? Which is that tube station and
which is the bus to get the hotel from tube staion?
Thank You very much.

Old May 11th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Aglians wrote:

Hi, I am italian. Probably next june I will stay at Wembley Plaza Hotel,
in Empire way, next Wembley stadium. A few years ago I already staied at
this hotel and I remember that the closest tube station to get central
London was 1 Km or more far. Has something changed? Which is that tube
station and which is the bus to get the hotel from tube staion?

The nearest tube station is still Wembley Central, which is just under a
kilometre. The 83, 92 and 182 all run down Wembley Hill Road, in front of
the hotel, to the station. Personally, i'd be tempted to walk it - a
kilometre isn't that far. Wembley Central is on the Bakerloo, and also has
Watford DC line trains to Euston now and then.

However, you're also a stone's throw (~ 100 m) from Wembley Stadium
railway station, on the Chiltern line, from where trains go to Marylebone.
They aren't all that frequent, but they run to a timetable, and they get
you into town in 15 minutes, quicker than the Bakerloo or the Watford
trains.

You're also about a kilometre, again on the 83 or 182, from Wembley Park
station, on the Jubilee and Metropolitan lines. The Jubilee is similar to
the Bakerloo in terms of speed, but the Met will get you from there to
Baker Street in 15 minutes or so, and of course it runs on in to the City
in the east.

So, depending on where you want to get to, you have lots of options! Which
one is best depends on where you want to go, but i reckon the Chiltern and
Metropolitan lines are sound bets.

tom

--
Vive la chimie, en particulier, et la connaissance en general. --
Herve This
Old May 11th 07, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:

However, you're also a stone's throw (~ 100 m) from Wembley Stadium
railway station, on the Chiltern line, from where trains go to
Marylebone. They aren't all that frequent, but they run to a
timetable, and they get you into town in 15 minutes, quicker than the
Bakerloo or the Watford trains.

The new Chiltern Railways timetable for services between Wembley Stadium and
London Marylebone is now available at:

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/up...ations/464.pdf

Old May 12th 07, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" ha scritto nel messaggio
.li...
On Fri, 11 May 2007, Aglians wrote:
However, you're also a stone's throw (~ 100 m) from Wembley Stadium
railway station, on the Chiltern line, from where trains go to Marylebone.
They aren't all that frequent, but they run to a timetable, and they get
you into town in 15 minutes, quicker than the Bakerloo or the Watford
trains.

Thank You Tom, thank You Jack.
Can I use Tfl travel card (zone 1-4) on chiltern railways?

Old May 12th 07, 08:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Aglians wrote:
"Tom Anderson" ha scritto nel messaggio
.li...

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Aglians wrote:
However, you're also a stone's throw (~ 100 m) from Wembley Stadium
railway station, on the Chiltern line, from where trains go to Marylebone.
They aren't all that frequent, but they run to a timetable, and they get
you into town in 15 minutes, quicker than the Bakerloo or the Watford
trains.

Thank You Tom, thank You Jack.
Can I use Tfl travel card (zone 1-4) on chiltern railways?

Yes you can. Travelcards (both on paper and when loaded on Oyster-cards)
are valid on both tube and National Rail within the zones they are valid
for, and on all London Buses.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451

Old May 12th 07, 03:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Olof Lagerkvist" ha scritto nel messaggio
Aglians wrote:
"Tom Anderson" ha scritto nel messaggio
.li...

Thank You Tom, thank You Jack.
Can I use Tfl travel card (zone 1-4) on chiltern railways?

Yes you can. Travelcards (both on paper and when loaded on Oyster-cards)
are valid on both tube and National Rail within the zones they are valid
for, and on all London Buses.

Are You sure? http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk seems to say that to/from
Wembley stadium you need a "special" travelcard that include only one return
travel. Or not?
Thank you again

Old May 12th 07, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Aglians wrote:

Are You sure? http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk seems to say that
to/from Wembley stadium you need a "special" travelcard that include
only one return travel. Or not?

You can buy a Cheap Day Return, if you only want to go to London Marylebone
and then make your own way around Central London. That costs £4.

http://www.chilternrailwaysfares.co....icket_type=CDR

If you want unlimited travel on trains, underground trains and buses within
the Central London area for the day then you will need to buy an Off-Peak
Travelcard for travel. That costs £6:70. I'd recommend that for tourists, it
means that you can jump on and off trains and buses all day and travel
around all of the main sights in London without having to worry about buying
other tickets.

http://www.chilternrailwaysfares.co....icket_type=ODT

Old May 13th 07, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jack Taylor" ha scritto nel messaggio
Aglians wrote:

If you want unlimited travel on trains, underground trains and buses

within
the Central London area for the day then you will need to buy an Off-Peak
Travelcard for travel. That costs £6:70. I'd recommend that for tourists,

it
means that you can jump on and off trains and buses all day and travel
around all of the main sights in London without having to worry about

buying
other tickets.

http://www.chilternrailwaysfares.co....icket_type=ODT

Excuse me if I can't understand well the fares policy of chiltern....
They at http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/content.php?nID=fares say

Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70
Includes return travel to Marylebone on day of issue and as many rides as
you like on London's tubes and buses. Valid on the 0936 from Wembley Stadium
and any subsequent train on Mondays to Fridays, any train on Saturdays and
Sundays. Return on any train.

Does it mean that with Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70 I can make only a
return journey between Wembley Stadium and Marylebone (plus, obviously,as
many rides as I like on tube and buses)?
What kind of travel card is this? A zone 1-4 travelcard?

Old May 13th 07, 09:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aglians" typed

Aglians wrote:

[...]

A Zone 1-4 Off-Peak Travelcard is £5.70, a Peak Travelcard is £9.00.

A Zone 1-6 Off-Peak Travelcard is £6.70. I can't see that you'll really
need the extra Zone 5-6 validity, unless you're planning trips to outer
suburbia.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 13th 07, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70
Includes return travel to Marylebone on day of issue and as many
rides as you like on London's tubes and buses. Valid on the 0936
from Wembley Stadium and any subsequent train on Mondays to Fridays,
any train on Saturdays and Sundays. Return on any train.

Does it mean that with Off-Peak Travelcard to London £6.70 I can
make only a return journey between Wembley Stadium and Marylebone
(plus, obviously,as many rides as I like on tube and buses)?
What kind of travel card is this? A zone 1-4 travelcard?

A Zone 1-4 Off-Peak Travelcard is £5.70, a Peak Travelcard is £9.00.

A Zone 1-6 Off-Peak Travelcard is £6.70. I can't see that you'll
really need the extra Zone 5-6 validity, unless you're planning trips
to outer suburbia.

That's a good point, Helen. Unless the OP is planning to go further out than
Wembley Stadium (Ruislip, Harrow maybe) then a Zone 1-4 will suffice.

A Zone 1-4 Travelcard allows you to make unlimited bus, underground and
train travel within zones 1-4. Wembley is within zone 4, so yes, you can
travel backwards and forwards as many times as you like in a day. The
confusion is probably because Chiltern do sell Zone 1-6 Travelcards from
country stations beyond the limit of zone 6 (High Wycombe, Aylesbury etc.)
in which case the ticket allows for a return trip by train from the
originating station to the outer boundary of zone 6 and then unlimited
travel within the valid zones.