Old May 12th 07, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Odd-coloured Piccadilly Line train

In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The
red was a bit lighter and less saturated than standard LU red. The
other day I glimpsed the roof of a Piccadilly Line train which was
painted the same light blue, so perhaps that was the same train
(couldn't see the roof this morning).

I was some distance away, but there appeared to be no logos or other
writing on the train to indicate what these odd colours were for.
Anyone know?

--
Richard J.

Old May 12th 07, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It's "art". http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/nwh_gfx_en/ART46046.html
Old May 12th 07, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The
red was a bit lighter and less saturated than standard LU red. The
other day I glimpsed the roof of a Piccadilly Line train which was
painted the same light blue, so perhaps that was the same train
(couldn't see the roof this morning).
I was some distance away, but there appeared to be no logos or other
writing on the train to indicate what these odd colours were for.
Anyone know?

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

BRB Class 465.

Old May 13th 07, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"BRB Class 465" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

They should get Gilbert & George to do the whole fleet.

Old May 13th 07, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 13 May 2007, news outlook wrote:

"BRB Class 465" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

They should get Gilbert & George to do the whole fleet.

Oh christ, better Tox than that ...

tom

--
information distribution, vox humana, deviation, handle, feed, l.g. **

Old May 13th 07, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007, news outlook wrote:

"BRB Class 465" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J."
wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line
train (73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were
light blue. The

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of
the "Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

They should get Gilbert & George to do the whole fleet.

Oh christ, better Tox than that ...

That reminds me, I saw "TOX 06" on the sidewall of a rubber tyre on the
Paris Métro last month. A global brand!

--
Richard J.

Old May 14th 07, 12:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue.

I boarded this train the other day. As it approached the platform, for a
fleeting second my tired and addled brain thought it was an old stock
train in red livery! That briefest moment of pleasant surprise
immediately turned to a more prolonged disappointment.

ESB
Old May 14th 07, 02:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

news outlook wrote:
"BRB Class 465" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:
In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue.
The

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

They should get Gilbert & George to do the whole fleet.

The 83 stock reminded me of some of their work.

Old May 14th 07, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 May, 16:00, BRB Class 465 wrote:
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:

In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The
red was a bit lighter and less saturated than standard LU red. The
other day I glimpsed the roof of a Piccadilly Line train which was
painted the same light blue, so perhaps that was the same train
(couldn't see the roof this morning).
I was some distance away, but there appeared to be no logos or other
writing on the train to indicate what these odd colours were for.
Anyone know?

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

To be fair, it's all paid for out of the Stupidity Tax, rather than
out of TfL's budget...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old May 14th 07, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 May 2007 03:09:12 -0700, John B wrote:

On 12 May, 16:00, BRB Class 465 wrote:
On 12 May, 12:51, "Richard J." wrote:

In Chiswick this morning, I saw an eastbound Piccadilly Line train
(73ts) painted red all over except the doors which were light blue. The
red was a bit lighter and less saturated than standard LU red. The
other day I glimpsed the roof of a Piccadilly Line train which was
painted the same light blue, so perhaps that was the same train
(couldn't see the roof this morning).
I was some distance away, but there appeared to be no logos or other
writing on the train to indicate what these odd colours were for.
Anyone know?

It's to celebrate the Piccadilly Line's centenary, and is part of the
"Platform for Art" series. Another garish waste of money...

To be fair, it's all paid for out of the Stupidity Tax, rather than
out of TfL's budget...

I presume you mean Tax On Hope.