Old June 5th 07, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Does anyone know where Ranelagh Bridge is?

(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Old June 5th 07, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Ian Ian is offline

On 5 Jun, 11:45, wrote:
(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Ranelagh Place is the address of the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool. Does
that help?

Ian

Old June 5th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 5, 11:45 am, wrote:
Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

It's marked on the map at the end of this 2.6MB PDF:
http://billdocuments.crossrail.co.uk...lOakPortal.pdf

It would appear to be the A40 slip road that comes form Porchester
Terrace.

Old June 5th 07, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote in message
oups.com...
(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

It is the bridge between Westbourne Bridge and Royal Oak station, carrying
the westbound on slip to the Westway.

It is also the correct name for Fulham Railway Bridge on the West London
Line...

Paul

Old June 5th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Jun 5, 12:05 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

It is the bridge between Westbourne Bridge and Royal Oak station, carrying
the westbound on slip to the Westway.

It is also the correct name for Fulham Railway Bridge on the West London
Line...

Paul

My Google search brought this up

http://www.nrm.org.uk/exhibitions/ph...e/ranelagh.asp

Turntable near Paddington so theory ofbridge near Paddington probably
correct

Bill

Old June 5th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

If you go to streetmap.co.uk, I believe Ranelagh Bridge is one if you search
for 525949,181535 in the search box

Old June 5th 07, 11:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Bill Harris" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 5, 12:05 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

It is the bridge between Westbourne Bridge and Royal Oak station,
carrying
the westbound on slip to the Westway.

It is also the correct name for Fulham Railway Bridge on the West London
Line...

Paul

My Google search brought this up

http://www.nrm.org.uk/exhibitions/ph...e/ranelagh.asp

Turntable near Paddington so theory ofbridge near Paddington probably
correct

Mr 'U Thant's link takes the prize, a detailed planning map that shows the
bridge 'named' unlike most atlases etc...

Paul

Old June 5th 07, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 5 Jun, 11:45, wrote:
(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think it is
one of the bridges that crosses the line out of Paddington-but which
one exactly. The article I am reading refers to it as near Gloucester
terrace.

Any help gratefully recieved.

In addition to the replies that you've already had, if you use Google
Earth you can also see the bridge and surrounding streets. The former
GWR and BR(W) fueling point was located in the small triangle of land
immediately west of Ranelagh Bridge, bounded by Porchester Square and
Porchester Road. Google Earth seems to show this now being used as a
car park.

Rep 3012

Old June 5th 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Paul Scott wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
(Cross posted to uk.railway because I think it is a railway bridge)

er well, as subject basically.

Googling was of no help, nor was my trusty London Atlas. I think
it is one of the bridges that crosses the line out of
Paddington-but which one exactly. The article I am reading refers to
it as near
Gloucester terrace.

It is the bridge between Westbourne Bridge and Royal Oak station,
carrying the westbound on slip to the Westway.

It is also the correct name for Fulham Railway Bridge on the West
London Line...

Fulham Railway Bridge is the one carrying the District Line south from
Putney Bridge station.

The WLL bridge is usually called Battersea Railway Bridge, but Joe
Brown's London Railway Atlas calls it Cremorne Bridge, as does
Wikipedia. What makes you think it should be called Ranelagh Bridge?
--
Richard J.