Old June 21st 07, 04:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking Arnos Grove/Bounds Green

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Boltar wrote:

On 21 Jun, 13:11, Sam wrote:

Yes - Victoria would definitely be quicker, although it may also be
busier. PAYG Oyster isn't valid at New Southgate yet - see the map
here :http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...YG-Diagram.pdf

There seem to be a number of routes where you can legally ride with PAYG
but stations on those routes where it seems you can't legally get on or
off! Where the hell is the logic in that?

I think it's the same as where there are interavailable LU/NR tickets. The
West Anglia line is the classic case, where you can go from Walthamstow
(which is on the Victoria line) to Liverpool Street (on various lines),
but can't get off in between.

Back in the days of LT cards, it was also the case that you could use one
from Walthamstow to Liverpool Street, but not from intermediate stations.
I lived in Clapton, got a student discounted LT card, and was quite grumpy
about this. Well, actually, i just got on the train and hoped i wouldn't
get my ticket checked. I only got caught once before they switched student
tickets to real travelcards.

tom

--
SCIIIIEEEEEENNNNNCNCCCCCE!!!