Old June 26th 07, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default seeing the other's view

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, NM wrote:

allan tracy wrote:

What has this got to do with making other road users aware of the
limited sightlines from the driving seat of a lorry?

My point precisely, they're just not fit to be used in an urban
environment and in any other industry wouldn't be allowed to.

So how would you see urban deliveries? A rail head at every supermarket
and high street perhaps?

Zeppelins.

Duh.

tom

--
Think logical, act incremental

Old June 26th 07, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

Brimstone wrote:
NM wrote:
allan tracy wrote:
What has this got to do with making other road users aware of the
limited sightlines from the driving seat of a lorry?
My point precisely, they're just not fit to be used in an urban
environment and in any other industry wouldn't be allowed to.

So how would you see urban deliveries? A rail head at every
supermarket and high street perhaps?

Why not?

Been tried in the fifties, didn't work then, won't work now.
Old June 26th 07, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

Brimstone wrote:

Railborne freight receives no subsidy, unlike lorries.

Where exactly do I apply for my lorry subsidy?
Old June 26th 07, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"NM" wrote in message
news
Brimstone wrote:
NM wrote:
allan tracy wrote:
What has this got to do with making other road users aware of the
limited sightlines from the driving seat of a lorry?
My point precisely, they're just not fit to be used in an urban
environment and in any other industry wouldn't be allowed to.

So how would you see urban deliveries? A rail head at every
supermarket and high street perhaps?

Why not?

Been tried in the fifties, didn't work then, won't work now.

It's a different world now. Everything is different.

You were saying about the fifties mentality?

Old June 26th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"NM" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:

Railborne freight receives no subsidy, unlike lorries.

Where exactly do I apply for my lorry subsidy?

It's provided automatically, without application.

Old June 26th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Railborne freight receives no subsidy, unlike lorries.

Where exactly do I apply for my lorry subsidy?

Go sniff the hard shoulder because that's about as much as your taxes
run to.

Old June 26th 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:

Railborne freight receives no subsidy, unlike lorries.

Where exactly do I apply for my lorry subsidy?

It's provided automatically, without application.

In your mind perhaps, dream on, don't let reality get in the way.
Old June 26th 07, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

wrote:
Railborne freight receives no subsidy, unlike lorries.

Where exactly do I apply for my lorry subsidy?

Go sniff the hard shoulder because that's about as much as your taxes
run to.

Utter crap.

Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands Rupert Candy[_3_] London Transport 13 March 24th 09 03:57 PM
Best place to view A1 Tornado other than Kings Cross Martin J London Transport 2 February 7th 09 04:31 PM
enjoy seeing ranam London Transport 0 August 6th 08 12:09 PM
ENJOY SEEING PICTURES ranam London Transport 0 August 5th 08 11:00 AM
ADV: Drivers Eye View Videos Ben Nunn London Transport 0 May 16th 04 10:20 PM