Old June 26th 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default seeing the other's view

... maybe a complete highway network provided at a cost way beyond
anything HGV taxes run to has something to do with it.

Utter bollox. I await the day all the road generated taxes are actually
spent on the road network, if this ever occured we would have a system
second to none, instead the surplus is frittered away on bottomless pits
like the national trainset.

Ahh... naughty naughty do I detect a little sleight of hand here like
including all road generated taxes when we're only discussing HGV
generated taxes.

I own a car and nowhere does it explain that my petrol duty or road
fund licence is to be set at a level that can then provide spending on
accommodating HGVs.

Old June 26th 07, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

allan tracy wrote:
... maybe a complete highway network provided at a cost way beyond
anything HGV taxes run to has something to do with it.

Utter bollox. I await the day all the road generated taxes are actually
spent on the road network, if this ever occured we would have a system
second to none, instead the surplus is frittered away on bottomless pits
like the national trainset.

Ahh... naughty naughty do I detect a little sleight of hand here like
including all road generated taxes when we're only discussing HGV
generated taxes.

I own a car and nowhere does it explain that my petrol duty or road
fund licence is to be set at a level that can then provide spending on
accommodating HGVs.

at 8 mpg and heavy ved there is no subsidy, if anything it's the other
way around.
Old June 26th 07, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"NM" wrote in message
allan tracy wrote:
... maybe a complete highway network provided at a cost way beyond
anything HGV taxes run to has something to do with it.
Utter bollox. I await the day all the road generated taxes are actually
spent on the road network, if this ever occured we would have a system
second to none, instead the surplus is frittered away on bottomless pits
like the national trainset.

Ahh... naughty naughty do I detect a little sleight of hand here like
including all road generated taxes when we're only discussing HGV
generated taxes.

I own a car and nowhere does it explain that my petrol duty or road
fund licence is to be set at a level that can then provide spending on
accommodating HGVs.

at 8 mpg and heavy ved there is no subsidy, if anything it's the other way
around.

Evidence?

Please don't simply state the anount of VED a lorry pays, it was reduced a
few years ago you may recall.

Old June 26th 07, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
allan tracy wrote:
[...]

Back of a fag packet calculations show annual tax take from HGV's about
10 billion pounds (VED + Fuel tax) expenditure on UK road system is ???
Old June 26th 07, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"NM" wrote in message
news
Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
allan tracy wrote:
[...]

When your working it out (not forgetting the cash spent by local authorities
on loal roads some of which comes from Counil Tax), don't forget all the
associated costs will you?

Old June 26th 07, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
NM NM is offline

Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
news
Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
allan tracy wrote:
[...]

What makes you think I'm going to work it out.
Old June 26th 07, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:44:00 +0100, "Brimstone"
wrote:

Why?

Because it would cost a lot more than using road vehicles.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old June 26th 07, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"NM" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
news
Brimstone wrote:
"NM" wrote in message
allan tracy wrote:
[...]

You've already started, or like so many in road haulage, you give up when
things get difficult?

Old June 26th 07, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , NM says...
Brimstone wrote:

The year before 21 cyclists were killed, nine involved lorries and in
2004
four of eight accidents in which cyclists were killed involved lorries.

To get a balance here we need to know how many lorry drivers were killed
by cyclists in the same period. :-)

No idea but I suspect a few had a cardio episode from cycling.

or maybe more had cardio episodes from not cycling ..

Still can't get used to seeing trains with pantographs at Shortlands Rupert Candy[_3_] London Transport 13 March 24th 09 03:57 PM
Best place to view A1 Tornado other than Kings Cross Martin J London Transport 2 February 7th 09 04:31 PM
enjoy seeing ranam London Transport 0 August 6th 08 12:09 PM
ENJOY SEEING PICTURES ranam London Transport 0 August 5th 08 11:00 AM
ADV: Drivers Eye View Videos Ben Nunn London Transport 0 May 16th 04 10:20 PM