Old July 18th 07, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking

Can anyone help please?

I am attending the official launch of the final Harry Potter book.
It's being held at the Natural History Museum during the night of Fri/
Sat this week (20th/ 21st July). My invitation is for 4am!! I am
planning to drive. What are my best options for parking nearby at
that time of night?

Thanks in anticipation!

Old July 18th 07, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

AndyH wrote:
Can anyone help please?

I am attending the official launch of the final Harry Potter book.
It's being held at the Natural History Museum during the night of
Fri/ Sat this week (20th/ 21st July). My invitation is for 4am!! I
am planning to drive.

No alcohol as compensation for the ludicrous hour? Poor show. :-)

What are my best options for parking nearby at that time of night?

Depends how long you intend staying, but I would suggest that you try
Exhibition Road or Queen's Gate, the two north-south roads either side
of the Museum. There are plenty of meters there, and also residents'
bays but check the hours of operation carefully. I don't know how full
they are normally, but I'm wondering how many other people have also
been invited and are coming by car.

Don't know where you live, but have you thought of coming by bus?
Routes 14, 345, N74 and N97 serve South Kensington at night, also N9,
N10 and N52 within 10 minutes' walk.

--
Richard J.

Old July 19th 07, 01:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

AndyH wrote:

I am attending the official launch of the final Harry Potter book.
It's being held at the Natural History Museum during the night of Fri/
Sat this week (20th/ 21st July). My invitation is for 4am!! I am
planning to drive. What are my best options for parking nearby at
that time of night?

I often need to park near Gloucester Road station just before 2am. I have
found that Stanhope Gardens (the east-west part, not the north-south parts)
always has free parking spaces, but no other nearby road ever does. The
situation might be easier later.

Old July 20th 07, 03:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 18, 10:12 pm, AndyH wrote:
Can anyone help please?

I am attending the official launch of the final Harry Potter book.
It's being held at the Natural History Museum during the night of Fri/
Sat this week (20th/ 21st July). My invitation is for 4am!! I am
planning to drive. What are my best options for parking nearby at
that time of night?

Thanks in anticipation!

Stand your car vertically up in a motorcycle bay.

Old July 20th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 18, 10:12 pm, AndyH wrote:
Can anyone help please?

I am attending the official launch of the final Harry Potter book.
It's being held at the Natural History Museum during the night of Fri/
Sat this week (20th/ 21st July). My invitation is for 4am!! I am
planning to drive. What are my best options for parking nearby at
that time of night?

Thanks in anticipation!

The Council's website http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/ shows a map (look under
parking) of residents bays in the borough and times of operation.
According to this you should be ok in any residents bay at 4am so long
as you get back to your car by 8.30am. I believe meters/pay & display
etc in the area are free after 6.30pm - but always check the signs (or
phone the council) to be certain.