Old July 31st 10, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford platform 3a

As of this morning, a lot of the clutter and barricades (platform
side) had been removed from the new Central westbound platform (3a),
though the concourse accesses were still blocked off by hoardings.
Anyone know when it will open?

Old July 31st 10, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jul 31, 7:44*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

Anyone know when it will open?

I have a clue but if I reveal the date I will be shot by the press
office. *Let us just say the time until it does open is measured in
weeks rather than months.

I am in the same position.

I know the date - and have been involved with some of the controls
systems work - but it is also not appropriate for me to post the
program dates. Sorry, OP, there are occasions when ones professional
responsibilities have to over-ride crank interests.

--
Nick
Old August 2nd 10, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 31 July, 20:39, D7666 wrote:
On Jul 31, 7:44*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

Anyone know when it will open?

I have a clue but if I reveal the date I will be shot by the press
office. *Let us just say the time until it does open is measured in
weeks rather than months.

I am in the same position.

I know the date - and have been involved with some of the controls
systems work - but it is also not appropriate for me to post the
program dates. Sorry, OP, there are occasions when ones professional
responsibilities have to over-ride crank interests.

--
Nick

Um, why the secrecy? Is it the same reason why we don't when the new
DLR section will open?
Old August 2nd 10, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 2, 3:05*pm, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

On 31 July, 20:39, D7666 wrote:

On Jul 31, 7:44*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

Anyone know when it will open?
I have a clue but if I reveal the date I will be shot by the press
office. *Let us just say the time until it does open is measured in
weeks rather than months.

I am in the same position.

I know the date - and have been involved with some of the controls
systems work - but it is also not appropriate for me to post the
program dates. Sorry, OP, there are occasions when ones professional
responsibilities have to over-ride crank interests.

Um, why the secrecy? Is it the same reason why we don't when the new
DLR section will open?

Platform 3a will open on Saturday 21 August, whilst the DLR extension
will open on Saturday 9 October.

Please do note however that I've pulled both of the above dates out of
a metaphorical hat.
Old August 2nd 10, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 31 July, 16:08, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:
As of this morning, a lot of the clutter and barricades (platform
side) had been removed from the new Central westbound platform (3a),
though the concourse accesses were still blocked off by hoardings.
Anyone know when it will open?

So, how many platforms will Stratford have when completed? They now
seem to be numbered 1-17, but 4 and 7 don't exist, and 3a, 4a, 4b and
10a need to be added, making 19 in total, serving 18 tracks; is that
correct? Quite a change from when I first got to know the station in
the '70s, when 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8 were the only ones which saw other
than occasional use. Even 1 and 2 were only used by the little-known
service from north Woolwich to Tottenham Hale.

Does anybody know when platforms 12 and the old 13 were closed, and
the part of the subway leading to them was bricked up? When the old
subway was being cleaned up, the wall removed and the steps up to the
platform re-built an old poster frame had been dragged out of one of
the doorways leading off this subway, along with some rotten wood, and
there was the remains of a timetable on it, which listed a few trains
to Hertford East from platform 12, but I couldn't see any date on it.
I always knew that the station, and the area in general, was going to
see a change in its fortunes. The station really was in a terrible
state at that time, despite the fact that it was only about 25 years
since the last refurbishment fot the Central Line extension and the
Shenfield electrification.

Old August 2nd 10, 02:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2 Aug, 15:37, wrote:
[...]

1 and 2 London Overground
3, 3a and 6 Central line (3 and 3a same track)
4a and 4b DLR via Bow Church
5 and 8 Shenfield services
9 and 10 Mainline services (beyond Shenfield)
(10a not used except during engineering works?)
11 and 12 Tottenham Hale/Stansted services
13, 14 and 15 Jubilee line
16 and 17 DLR Stratford International/West Ham

18 platforms in regular service, serving 17 tracks, with a 19th
platform serving an 18th track in occasional use

(actually are both DLR platform 4s in regular use?)
Old August 2nd 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

(actually are both DLR platform 4s in regular use?)

Yes - 4a and 4b seem to be used alternately in the normal weekday
timetable.

Paul S

Old August 2nd 10, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:04:21 +0100, Paul Scott wrote:

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message

(actually are both DLR platform 4s in regular use?)

Yes - 4a and 4b seem to be used alternately in the normal weekday
timetable.

Paul S

Yes, during the day (though frustratingly, not at the peak) there's a 5
minute interval service where one train pulls into one platform, and
another train pulls out of the other platform, which means that there's
always a train in the station, and no mad rush for seats with people
trying to get on while people are getting off.

I think I'm right in saying that during those times, there's only service
as far as Canary Wharf when running this system.
Old August 2nd 10, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2 Aug, 15:44, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

[...]

How are the platforms at Internationaal numbered/lettered?
Old August 3rd 10, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Greetings.

In article
,
Dr. Sunil wrote:
As of this morning, a lot of the clutter and

barricades (platform
side) had been removed from the new Central

westbound platform (3a),
though the concourse accesses were still

blocked off by hoardings.
Anyone know when it will open?

I noticed
this as well. Am I correct in assuming that this will be part of a
Spanish platform system? If so, will either of the platforms be
exclusively for ingress or egress? Or will one or both platform afford
both embarkation and disembarkation?

Regards,
Tristan

--