Old August 18th 03, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Surprised

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:10:26 +0100, CJG
wrote:

Okay I should have made clear that the above statement only applies if I
am in a station or the train is in a station or a part of the train is
in a station.

That may be ill-advised for your own safety; many of the deaths at
Kings Cross/St Pancras resulted from the fact that people left trains
and tried to evacuate via the escalator, when in fact the only safe
way from the station was by train due to the location of the fire?

Neil

Old August 19th 03, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Probably Me wrote in
:

On 18 Aug 2003 01:12:56 GMT, Steve wrote:

Probably Me wrote in
m:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:45:11 +0100, CJG
wrote:

In message , Richard
J. writes
So how would you do that if you were between stations on a tube train
when the power went off?

As quite frankly I would rather wait for a
station assistant with a flashlight than to be hit by a train when the
power comes on.

I'm sure a lot of people on this group feel very differently

Which only demonstrates the attitude of LUL staff regarding their
passengers.

And exactly what makes you think I am LUL staff? Has it ever crossed
your mind that I am just someone who is ****ed of with the troll CJG?

As you suggested you were speaking for more than one person it is irrellevent
whether or not you are LUL staff.
Old August 22nd 03, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
writes

As quite frankly I would rather wait for a
station assistant with a flashlight than to be hit by a train when the
power comes on.

If the tunnel lights are off, the power is on. If the tunnel lights
are on then the traction current may be off or on.
--
Clive
Old September 3rd 03, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mike Bristow
writes
Indeed, it rather looks like CULG is wrong. I'm sure Clive'll
correct it soon enough.

You clearly failed to read the bit that says:
| Temporary closures are mostly only shown if they lasted at least a
| week, though exceptions are made where I consider them interesting.

I didn't find it interesting.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: