Old August 21st 03, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Default Pay in Advance

As you have to pay in advance for some buses at the stop, If (like my wife)
you have a priv ticket can you buy from the driver?

--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out

Old August 21st 03, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:19:56 +0100 Joe Patrick
said...

As you have to pay in advance for some buses at the stop, If (like my wife)
you have a priv ticket can you buy from the driver?

Since when have there been priv fares on London's buses? AFAIK all or
some TfL staff travel free and would show ID pass to the driver or
conductor. National Rail staff get priv rate on LUL by showing their priv
card at the window, those tickets can't and never will be available
through ticket machines.

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old August 22nd 03, 02:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

** Troll Warning **

Take no notice of Joe - he only asks questions he already knows the answer
to.

Normally he only bugs people on the uk.railways newsgroup, but he now
appears to be branching out.

"Colin" wrote in message

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
As you have to pay in advance for some buses at the stop, If (like my

wife)
you have a priv ticket can you buy from the driver?

--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

Priv on buses? Since when?

AFAIK you either travel free (i.e. you are staff), or you pay a normal
public fare.

Priv rates on single tickets etc. (including for family members) only

apply
to the Tube / National Rail.....don't they?

Colin

Old August 22nd 03, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Take no notice of Joe - he only asks questions he already knows the answer
to.

But I dont know the answer

Old August 22nd 03, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

You won't have to pay if you have an Oystercard pre-pay. Others
travelling with, you (or they) pay for their tickets the usual way unless
of course they have their own Oystercards.

No I have a free Oyster - the Family dont as we normally get a travelcard
the few times we Visit London. However, we will be getting the bus and I
have no intension of buying a travelcard. I guess I will buy a Zone 1 single
from Marylebone tube and use this on the bus

Old August 22nd 03, 07:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 20:19:46 +0100 Joe Patrick
said...

No I have a free Oyster

A free Oystercard, so you work for TfL then, not National Rail? Or are
you trying to either hide the truth or just make up situations to ask
irrelevant questions?

I guess I will buy a Zone 1 single from Marylebone tube and use this on
the bus

You hope! More than likely your LUL single ticket will get swallowed up
at the gate on exit, in any case it won't be valid for the bus. £2
(adult) or £1 (child) one day bus pass is hardly going to bankrupt you,
is it?

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old August 22nd 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

A free Oystercard, so you work for TfL then, not National Rail? Or are
you trying to either hide the truth or just make up situations to ask
irrelevant questions?

No, I have a free Oyster and AFAIK we all do. The most probable situation
for us having these is because that we share stations with LUL. I used to
have a Magnetic Ticket before the Oyster introduction.

Old August 22nd 03, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
A free Oystercard, so you work for TfL then, not National Rail? Or are
you trying to either hide the truth or just make up situations to ask
irrelevant questions?

No, I have a free Oyster and AFAIK we all do. The most probable situation
for us having these is because that we share stations with LUL. I used to
have a Magnetic Ticket before the Oyster introduction.
--
To reply direct, Remove NOSPAM and Replace with 21fun
For the latest News, Information and Photos check out
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

SOME NR (ex-BR) staff in the London area, and certainly not all, have free
Oysters - you are one of the lucky ones & really should not moan about
little problems considering the benefit you have.

Quite simply you get free Tube & Bus with your Oyster. Your family get priv
Underground with their box passes only.

For priv Underground your family will need to buy cardboard tickets in the
normal way by showing their box passes at the Underground Ticket Office
window.

Priv tickets, including travelcards bought at Underground ticket offices,
are not valid on buses. Your family will have to pay full rate for the bus.

Old August 22nd 03, 11:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:52:41 +0100 Colin
said...

SOME NR (ex-BR) staff in the London area, and certainly not all, have

free
Oysters - you are one of the lucky ones & really should not moan about
little problems considering the benefit you have.

I would guess only if their job involved using LUL services whilst on
duty and not by any entitlement. As one who gets priv rate on LUL, any
idea if annual priv rate seasons are now being issued on Oyster?

No - by entitlement, but normally only very highly graded managerial ex-BR
staff who have safeguarded travel facilities (usually they have 1st class
all-stations passes on NR as well, as I think this chap has admitted he
has). No idea about normal priv seasons, but as they are issued by ticket
offices it won't be at least until the ticket offices start dishing out
cards to the public.

Quite simply you get free Tube & Bus with your Oyster. Your family get

priv
Underground with their box passes only.

Buses as well? I'm surprised at that, as normally NR staff wouldn't get
any facilities on London Buses. The same for London Bus staff not getting
any facilities on NR.

As I said, he should keep shtum and be thankful.

Old August 23rd 03, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Troll Watcher wrote in message
** Troll Warning **

Take no notice of Joe - he only asks questions he already knows the answer
to.

Normally he only bugs people on the uk.railways newsgroup, but he now
appears to be branching out.

Perhaps uk.railways is closed this weekend, with a bus replacement service

)