Old November 26th 07, 05:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcard and PAYG

If I have both a travelcard and PAYG credit on my Oystercard, will Oyster
check to see if my journey is covered my my Travelcard before debiting my
PAYG balance ?

Jim Hawkins

Old November 26th 07, 05:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 Nov, 18:12, "Jim Hawkins" wrote:
If I have both a travelcard and PAYG credit on my Oystercard, will Oyster
check to see if my journey is covered my my Travelcard before debiting my
PAYG balance ?

Yes, definitely.

The only occasion on which you could run into trouble is with journeys
that are covered by your travelcard, but which are defined for PAYG
purposes as not being covered by your travelcard (i.e. when you take
round-the-houses orbital routes to avoid z1 - Stratford to Richmond
via Willesden instead of via Waterloo, for example).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org