Old December 16th 07, 04:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway

Default Oyster PAYG to Paddington

On Dec 16, 4:27 pm, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
In the TfL 2008 fares leaflet, PAYG is listed as being valid from 2nd
January between Ealing Broadway and Greenford (except intermediate
station) on First Great Western. This won't require any new hardware
so is easy to implement.

However,http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-papers-de...
states that PAYG will be valid between Paddington, Ealing Broadway and
Greenford. I wonder what will actually be the case.

Well there are no Oyster readers at Paddington mainline that I can
recall - certalinly not on the Greenford platforms which have no
barriers at all.

Old December 16th 07, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:
In the TfL 2008 fares leaflet, PAYG is listed as being valid from 2nd
January between Ealing Broadway and Greenford (except intermediate
station) on First Great Western. This won't require any new hardware
so is easy to implement.

However,http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-papers-de...
states that PAYG will be valid between Paddington, Ealing Broadway and
Greenford. I wonder what will actually be the case.

Well there are no Oyster readers at Paddington mainline that I can
recall - certalinly not on the Greenford platforms which have no
barriers at all.

The only readers are on 15/16 - the LUL platforms, aside from those at the
LUL station, of course.

Old December 16th 07, 05:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway

wrote:

In the TfL 2008 fares leaflet, PAYG is listed as being valid from 2nd
January between Ealing Broadway and Greenford (except intermediate
station) on First Great Western. This won't require any new hardware
so is easy to implement.

However,http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-and-papers-de...
states that PAYG will be valid between Paddington, Ealing Broadway and
Greenford. I wonder what will actually be the case.

Well there are no Oyster readers at Paddington mainline that I can
recall - certalinly not on the Greenford platforms which have no
barriers at all.

Platform 2-5 are gated, but they are usually for first stop Slough (at
least). The gates have the Oyster LEDs on them, but I don't know if
they contain readers.