Old January 6th 08, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Payg

I travelled from rectory road to seven sisters the other day, only to
be told by revenue protection officers at seven sisters that i cant
use oyster pay as you go until March. I rang both TfL and one railway,
and got 2 answers;
One said that the readers are online at intermediate stations between
seven sisters and liverpool street, but seven sisters itself wont have
the readers until March. This is wrong as the seven sisters -
liverpool street route has allowed payg since 2005
TfL didn't even know of the existence of oyster readers at rectory
road.

Really smacks of incompetence and lack of communication to me.

Old January 6th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
I travelled from rectory road to seven sisters the other day, only to
be told by revenue protection officers at seven sisters that i cant
use oyster pay as you go until March. I rang both TfL and one railway,
and got 2 answers;
One said that the readers are online at intermediate stations between
seven sisters and liverpool street, but seven sisters itself wont have
the readers until March. This is wrong as the seven sisters -
liverpool street route has allowed payg since 2005
TfL didn't even know of the existence of oyster readers at rectory
road.

The other day? It only started on the 2nd. TfL do know, its all in their
media release of the 27th, which we were discussing yesterday in the thread
'Oyster Cards and 'ONE' railway'...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7090.aspx

"Andrew Chivers, Managing Director for 'one' railway said : "We're pleased
to be able to make travel simpler for passengers travelling on our West
Anglia routes between London Liverpool Street and Seven Sisters, Tottenham
Hale and Walthamstow, with the extension of Oyster pay as you go validity
onto our rail services within this area. "

Your response from 'one' possibly meant readers 'beyond' Seven Sisters won't
be working until March...

Paul S

Old January 6th 08, 05:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 09:21:07 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I travelled from rectory road to seven sisters the other day, only to
be told by revenue protection officers at seven sisters that i cant
use oyster pay as you go until March. I rang both TfL and one railway,
and got 2 answers;
One said that the readers are online at intermediate stations between
seven sisters and liverpool street, but seven sisters itself wont have
the readers until March. This is wrong as the seven sisters -
liverpool street route has allowed payg since 2005

PAYG at the intermediate stations started on 2/1/08.

The readers at Seven Sisters are on the LU ticket gates so if they
aren't working I wonder how I get through the ticket gates every
workday???

I've not seen anything about a March date for anything else on "one" but
perhaps that is a target date for a further extension of PAYG within the
zonal area but beyond existing limits of validity at Stratford, Seven
Sisters, Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow. They'll be making good
progress if they achieve acceptance at remaining locations by then.

TfL didn't even know of the existence of oyster readers at rectory
road.

Really smacks of incompetence and lack of communication to me.

While I agree it is unsatisfactory it is possible that people are not
yet fully au fait with the post fares revision situation. I offer that
as a suggestion not as an excuse.
--
Paul C

Old January 6th 08, 06:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yeah, it has been a little busy for both parties recently.

I imagine that this issue will be clarified soon enough, i'm sure i'm
not the only one a little confused!