Old March 24th 09, 07:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Extra Watford Junction - Euston services from May

Extra Watford Junction - Euston services from May

Watford Euston train services

Press release from Claire Ward MP for Watford

March 24th 2009

MP sees light at the end of the tunnel for Watford Commuters

There was good news for commuters using the Watford to Euston
train services following talks in London today between Watford
MP, Claire Ward, and train boss, Steve Banaghan.

The MP was told that at least nine new services will be
introduced for Watford, Bushey and Harrow over the next few
months after she had received hundreds of complaints about an
"appalling service" with poor time keeping, overcrowding and
missed connections.

Ms Ward presented the findings of her Better Trains survey to
Mr Banaghan ,the Managing Director of London Midland which took
over local train services from the previous operator Silverlink
in December last year.

Claire said “My survey clearly shows that people remain very
unhappy with the services as they currently run. There are too
many delays and cancellations and carriages are at times
dangerously overcrowded. The survey also displayed that more
than anything passengers want an increased number of train
services at peak times. Mr Banaghan has thanked me for the
useful contribution my survey has made and notes that its
findings are similar to London Midlands own research.”

“I am pleased to say that thanks to my efforts and the outrage
expressed by so many commuters, London Midland are reasonably
confident that they will be able to introduce nine new “bounce
back” train services which will go directly from London Euston
to Watford Junction and then back via Bushey and Harrow at peak
times. This could mean as many as 2,500 extra seats per day and
will make a huge difference directly to those commuters who use
those stations as well as indirectly to passengers travelling
from stations like Kings Langley.”

“I made it clear to Mr Banaghan that things are still not good
enough but these extra services will be a good start to
resolving the problems with rail services in my constituency.
Mr Banaghan will contact me in the next few weeks to let me
know if he receives approval for the services.”

If successfully introduced, the nine new services (five in the
morning, four in the evening) will be brought in from May 2009
onward.

Ends

Claire's website can be found at www.claire-ward.org.uk

-------------------

John Burke
WRUG

Claire's website can be found at www.claire-ward.org.uk

-------------------

John Burke
WRUG

12 years in power and finally Claire Ward is getting off her backside and
doing something. They are even doing something about the ****e schools in
Watford. Anybody would think there was an election in a couple of years.

Kevin

Old March 24th 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Zen83237" wrote:

12 years in power and finally Claire Ward is getting off her backside and
doing something. They are even doing something about the ****e schools in
Watford. Anybody would think there was an election in a couple of years.

Welcome to politics! ;-)

The election must be held by mid-June 2010, so less than 15 months away.

Old March 24th 09, 07:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mar 24, 8:38*pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Except for the fact the LM managers where talking about this a month
or two back at their meet the manager session (there was a post from
Neil Williams a month or two back about this). Just like a politician,
take the credit for someone else's idea

Old March 24th 09, 07:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:38:40 -0000, "Zen83237"
wrote:

12 years in power and finally Claire Ward is getting off her backside and
doing something.

Talking to London Midland about something they were going to do
anyway, you mean? It was their idea, and they told me about it at a
Meet the Manager about 6 months ago, though at that point it was
planned to start in December, not May. It was one of the reasons for
their request to retain further 321s, a figure which I now believe is
up to 10 rather than the original 7.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Old March 24th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:59:22 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

Talking to London Midland about something they were going to do
anyway, you mean? It was their idea, and they told me about it at a
Meet the Manager about 6 months ago, though at that point it was

Actually possibly it wasn't that long ago. But still...

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old March 24th 09, 08:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Williams) wrote:
Talking to London Midland about something they were going to do
anyway, you mean? *It was their idea, and they told me about it at a
Meet the Manager about 6 months ago, though at that point it was

Actually possibly it wasn't that long ago. *But still...

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Steve Banaghan did mention it at an Abfly meeting last October, but
said it would probably come in December 2010.

John Burke
Old March 24th 09, 08:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Steve Banaghan did mention it at an Abfly meeting last October, but
said it would probably come in December 2010.

John Burke

Sorry December 2009!

Old March 24th 09, 08:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:49:08 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

I wonder if back then they were not expecting to retain any 321s once the
350/2s had all arrived.

They were - they let slip that they were keeping 7 at the MtM before
the one when they mentioned the Watford services, as I recall.

Neil

--
Neil Williams