Old February 24th 08, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL Withdrawls....

Has any stock been withdrawn in the last 6 months or so? I ask because
last October I went to the park overlooking Acton Depot and managed
these photos:-

http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p45622646.html
http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p45622636.html

When I went today things had moved around a bit. The 62ts (sandite/
measurement train??) was on the siding to the right of where it is
now, a carriage in what appers to be Network South East livery can be
seen, the train of C Stock was still there but also on a different
line, and there was also a train of what appears to be either Bakerloo
72ts or Victoria Line 67ts. I wasn't aware anything had been withdrawn
lately but it seems odd to have the C Stock still and this Bakerloo/
Victoria line unit too. I am also amazed the former Northern Line 72ts
is there still and has not been scrapped. Can anyone shed any light on
these units?

Photos from today....

http://tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p48622566.html
http://tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p48622571.html
http://tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p48622622.html
http://tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p48622624.html (looks like ancient
VECTIS stock, could it be?)

I presume the Mark 1 Northern 72ts is going for scrap sometime, but I
thought that of the 62ts train, but seeing as that has been moved more
recentley, perhaps not!

Have LUL moved any of their redundant stock around or is it still at
the same places as 2005, when I last when a photo hunt for them??!!

Old February 24th 08, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.tonysrailphotos.fotopic.n...p45622636.html

http://tonysrailphotos.fotopic.net/p...624.html(looks like ancient
VECTIS stock, could it be?)

I presume the Mark 1 Northern 72ts is going for scrap sometime, but I
thought that of the 62ts train, but seeing as that has been moved more
recentley, perhaps not!

Have LUL moved any of their redundant stock around or is it still at
the same places as 2005, when I last when a photo hunt for them??!!

Judging from the shinyness of the furthest four cars of that C Stock,
I think they are the bombed cars back from rebuilding in Hungary.

Don't know about the others I'm afraid.
Old February 25th 08, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
[...]

That's a Standard Stock car returned from the Isle of Wight. Why I don't
know. I'd say it was a trailer too though it's hard to tell from the
camera angle.

I presume the Mark 1 Northern 72ts is going for scrap sometime, but I
thought that of the 62ts train, but seeing as that has been moved
more recentley, perhaps not!

Isn't the 72TS needed with similar stock that's currently on the Victoria
Line, needed for strengthening the Bakerloo Line for Watford Junction.
The unidentified painted unit could be a collision victim part unit.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 25th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 25, 11:54 am, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article
,
[...]

A complete train of Standard Stock was returned from the Isle of Wight
to LUL around 1990 after being replaced on the island by the 'new'
1938-stock trains. It ran from Fratton to London under its own power
- I wish I'd seen that! Some of the cars were in NSE livery and some
had been repainted in UndergrounD colours during their last years in
service. Unfortunately it never ran again. Two IoW trailers are now
in the Acton museum depot together with two DMs which had survived in
LUL engineering use. The idea was to restore a four-car train using
these vehicles but little progress seems to have been made. The
remaining Standard Stock vehicles remained dumped at Acton works for
years but if that NSE liveried vehicle is the only one you saw I
expect the others will have been scrapped by now.

Old February 27th 08, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Feb, 20:08, Standing at HN28 signal
wrote:
Has any stock been withdrawn in the last 6 months or so? I ask because
last October I went to the park overlooking Acton Depot and managed
these photos:-

That looks like standard condition for northern line trains in the
80s. Sure these are recent pictures?

B2003

Old February 27th 08, 08:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Feb, 21:01, chunky munky wrote:
Judging from the shinyness of the furthest four cars of that C Stock,
I think they are the bombed cars back from rebuilding in Hungary.

Hungary?? Surely they could have found somewhere a bit nearer!

Once repaired were they hauled back across europe via rail through the
channel tunnel or did they come on the back of a truck?

B2003

Old February 28th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Has any stock been withdrawn in the last 6 months or so? I ask because
last October I went to the park overlooking Acton Depot and managed
these photos:-

That looks like standard condition for northern line trains in the
80s. Sure these are recent pictures?

B2003

Funnily enough, all these units worked on the Northern Line! The
silver 72ts did, the Sandite 62ts did, and the mystery train, I am
told, is 3523 which was Northern Line Mk 1 stock which was painted in
corporate livery