Old March 10th 08, 07:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sam Sam is offline

Default Stansted to Eurostar - routeing query

Hi all,

I'm looking to make a journey from Stansted airport to the Eurostar
terminal at St Pancras on a Sunday in a few weeks' time.

The standard route seems to be train to Liverpool St, then Underground
to KXSP. But is it permitted with this ticket to take the train only
as far as Tottenham Hale, then the Victoria to KXSP? This seems that
it'd be rather quicker.

I'm aware to ask for a 'London International' ticket to get better
conditions of carriage, as my onward journey is via Eurostar.
Presumably the ticket clerk at Stansted will know more about this than
the ones at Ely (who last time blanked me completely!).

Thanks,
Sam

Old March 10th 08, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Mar, 08:24, Sam wrote:
The standard route seems to be train to Liverpool St, then Underground
to KXSP. But is it permitted with this ticket to take the train only
as far as Tottenham Hale, then the Victoria to KXSP? This seems that
it'd be rather quicker.

A search through the fares manual doesn't show any special details of
what route a London International ticket is valid on. Therefore I'd
assume normal cross-London transfer rules apply, and Tottenham Hale to
KXSP is perfectly acceptable.

Both are discussed on A4 and A5:
http://www.atoc.org/retail/_download...8_Common_A.pdf

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old March 14th 08, 12:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
(Mr Thant) wrote:

On 10 Mar, 08:24, Sam wrote:
The standard route seems to be train to Liverpool St, then

Underground
to KXSP. But is it permitted with this ticket to take the train only
as far as Tottenham Hale, then the Victoria to KXSP? This seems that
it'd be rather quicker.

A search through the fares manual doesn't show any special details of
what route a London International ticket is valid on. Therefore I'd
assume normal cross-London transfer rules apply, and Tottenham Hale to
KXSP is perfectly acceptable.

Both are discussed on A4 and A5:
http://www.atoc.org/retail/_download...8_Common_A.pdf

For my recent journey from Cambridge to Liverpool via Euston the NR
journey planner advised me to go via Tottenham Hale and the Victoria line
to Euston, when I could actually leave later and go via King's Cross,
walking to Euston in the half hour allowed.

--
Colin Rosenstiel