Old May 15th 08, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stansted - St Pancras International - routeing query

I will be travelling from Stansted Airport to 'London International'
in a few weeks' time. (My onward journey is Eurostar, and I'm aware of
the special CIV ticket destination to get the European-style
conditions of carriage.)

Am I allowed to get off at Tottenham Hale and take the Victoria line
to KXSP, or is my ticket not valid for that journey?

(In fact - I am planning to travel on Sun 25th May, when the Stansted
Express services will be calling at Seven Sisters, not Tottenham Hale.
Combined with scheduled engineering works on the Circle and Met, I
would much rather change at Seven Sisters than ride through to
Liverpool St. So if the change is not valid, I will probably get a
single to Seven Sisters and then Oyster PAYG to KXSP instead.)

My reading of the NFM didn't leave me sure either way!

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
Sam

Old May 15th 08, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 May, 12:31, wrote:
My reading of the NFM didn't leave me sure either way!

Section L says any ticket valid on trains "between Seven Sisters/
Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central and Zone U1 or beyond" (which yours
surely is, to Liverpool St and St. P) is valid on the tube "via the
Victoria Line from Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central to
any station in Zones 1 to 3", so I think you're OK.

http://www.atoc.org/retail/_download...8_Common_L.pdf

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old May 15th 08, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15 May, 13:15, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 15 May, 12:31, wrote:
My reading of the NFM didn't leave me sure either way!

Section L says any ticket valid on trains "between Seven Sisters/
Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central and Zone U1 or beyond" (which yours
surely is, to Liverpool St and St. P) is valid on the tube "via the
Victoria Line from Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central to
any station in Zones 1 to 3", so I think you're OK.

http://www.atoc.org/retail/_download...8_Common_L.pdf

Thanks - I didn't look hard enough! Now you've pointed me in the right
direction, I've found another paragraph in Section L about the
relevant 'one' (now NXEA) services : "Interchange with LU services is
permitted at Liverpool Street OR Walthamstow Central, Tottenham Hale,
Seven Sisters as dictated by the pattern of train service."

It is of course possible that there is some weird restriction on the
London International tickets, but that reading of the NFM would
hopefully preclude such a thing.

Thanks,
Sam
Old May 15th 08, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 15, 1:34 pm, wrote:
On 15 May, 13:15, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 15 May, 12:31, wrote:
[...]

I haven't changed at TH recently, but assuming there are still no
barriers there you won't be checked till KXSP anyway.
Tim

Old May 15th 08, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
05:34:36 on Thu, 15 May 2008, remarked:
http://www.atoc.org/retail/_download...8_Common_L.pdf

Thanks - I didn't look hard enough! Now you've pointed me in the right
direction, I've found another paragraph in Section L about the
relevant 'one' (now NXEA) services : "Interchange with LU services is
permitted at Liverpool Street OR Walthamstow Central, Tottenham Hale,
Seven Sisters as dictated by the pattern of train service."

It is of course possible that there is some weird restriction on the
London International tickets, but that reading of the NFM would
hopefully preclude such a thing.

That's the wriggle room, isn't it.

The paragraph referred to above says that tickets with that validity
"should be issued with a destination of ZONE U123 LONDON", whereas yours
probably has a destination of LNDON ESTAR CIV.

So is the routing easement based on where you are heading (ie inside
Z1), or on what your ticket says is the destination??
Old May 15th 08, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"TimB" wrote in message
On May 15, 1:34 pm, wrote:
On 15 May, 13:15, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 15 May, 12:31, wrote:
[...]

There are barriers at both TH & SS
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.

Old May 15th 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Dulieu wrote:
There are barriers at both TH & SS

But you don't have to go through the barriers when interchanging at
Seven Sisters. I think at Tottenham Hale only the tube platforms are
behind the barriers, but I'm not 100% certain.

Old May 15th 08, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

"Mr Thant" wrote in message
Steve Dulieu wrote:
There are barriers at both TH & SS

But you don't have to go through the barriers when interchanging at
Seven Sisters. I think at Tottenham Hale only the tube platforms are
behind the barriers, but I'm not 100% certain.

That is correct, only the tube platforms are located behind the barriers.

Old May 16th 08, 12:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 15 May 2008 06:46:56 -0700 (PDT), TimB
wrote this gibberish:

On May 15, 1:34 pm, wrote:
On 15 May, 13:15, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 15 May, 12:31, wrote:
[...]

No Barriers for the NR platforms, just barriers down to the
underground.
--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk