Old April 10th 08, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross Meeting Point Advice

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Argyle Square?

Great. If Ian's late, they can buy some drugs and shag a hooker
while they're waiting.

Is it still used for that? Looks all very quiet when I cycle through
these days.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 10th 08, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Apr, 09:47, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(John Rowland) wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Argyle Square?

Great. If Ian's late, they can buy some drugs and shag a hooker
while they're waiting.

Is it still used for that? Looks all very quiet when I cycle through
these days.

I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest that such things have vanished
from the surrounds of Kings Cross, but they certainly seem less
prevalent than in years gone by. That said, there's always the
possibility that some such goings on have just been dispersed to side
streets a bit further away, and I've come across a bit of evidence of
that, though as I'm not the kind of person who goes looking for such
evidence I'm not an oracle on such matters!

Kings Cross certainly feels like it's got something of an up and
coming vibrant night life scene, and not of the old school sordid
variety either.
Old April 10th 08, 01:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , John Rowland
writes
Tom Anderson wrote:

Argyle Square?

Great. If Ian's late, they can buy some drugs and shag a hooker while
they're waiting.

And if Ian's early??!!

There's a blue plaque or two you can look at.

Old April 10th 08, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, John Rowland wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Argyle Square?

Great. If Ian's late, they can buy some drugs and shag a hooker while
they're waiting.

Exactly - i think of everything!

They could even listen to the sound trail, if they bring their MP3
players:

http://www.kingscrossvoices.org.uk/A...ound_Trail.asp

tom

--
Freedom, Beauty, Truth, and Love!

Old April 10th 08, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 10 Apr, 14:35, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article
,

(John Rowland) wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Argyle Square?

Great. If Ian's late, they can buy some drugs and shag a hooker
while they're waiting.

Is it still used for that? Looks all very quiet when I cycle through
these days.

I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest that such things have vanished
from the surrounds of Kings Cross, but they certainly seem less
prevalent than in years gone by. That said, there's always the
possibility that some such goings on have just been dispersed to side
streets a bit further away, and I've come across a bit of evidence of
that, though as I'm not the kind of person who goes looking for such
evidence I'm not an oracle on such matters!

Kings Cross certainly feels like it's got something of an up and
coming vibrant night life scene, and not of the old school sordid
variety either.

There do seem to be far fewer examples of that odd inverse square law,
between skirt length and thigh diameter.

Ha, splendid!
Old April 10th 08, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Apr, 00:13, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

(snip)

Perhaps a more relevant example to this thread would be that other
inverse square law of motion - the walking speed of a group of people is
inversely proportional to the square of the number of people in it. :-)

I'm sure Mr Jelf has his techniques!
Old April 11th 08, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . uk, Colin
Rosenstiel writes
In article
,
(Mizter T) wrote:

On 11 Apr, 00:13, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

(snip)

Perhaps a more relevant example to this thread would be that other
inverse square law of motion - the walking speed of a group of people

is inversely proportional to the square of the number of people in
it. :-)

I'm sure Mr Jelf has his techniques!

I was wondering if he'd heard of it. :-)

He's not only heard of it, he's done a lot of practical research on the
matter, including work in Oxford and Cambridge. (Who says we tour
guide types aren't academic??!!!)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK