Old July 4th 08, 01:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default 7day 1-6 travel card

On 4 Jul, 12:01, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
" typed

Another thing if i go from Heathrow central to wembley would the
oyster card know the difference if i want via rayners lane or
transferred to the jubilee via greenpark?

You could take a 140 bus from Heathrow to Harrow on the Hill and another
bus (223?) from Harrow to Wembley or take the Metropolitan Line, thus
avoiding central London. Unlike the Underground, the 140 bus also runs
through the night.

Alternatively, you could take the Picadilly Line from Heathrow to
Sudbury town, which is quite close to Wembley, and then get a 204 bus.

A single bus journey on Oyster is only 90p.

Where in Wembley are you going? There are several Wembley stations.

A 7 Zone 1-6 day Travelcard is unlikely to be good value for money
unless you plan to:

1) Regularly travel before 09.30
2) use National Rail a lot,
3) travel all the way from Zone1 to Zone 6 most days.

I'd be inclined to replace this with "A seven day 1 - 6 zone
travelcard is likely to be good value for money unless you never ..."

They really are hugely better value than any capping limit, even if
you only use them over five days.

Old July 4th 08, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis

On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:
[...]

I'm taking a flight from JFK to LHR with my girlfriend I want to go to
the hotel near Wembley Arena the flight arrives at 20 25 then the next
day we want to start using the 7 day card to explore London .
Old July 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 4, 7:09*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:

[...]

In that case it might be best to get a seven-day zone 1 - 4 travelcard
on Oyster (for your explorations from Wembley), and on the same Oyster
card store enough Pay As You Go credit for your journeys between
Heathrow and the boundary of zone 4.

You will have to use the London Underground Piccadilly line for PAYG
to be valid.

If your total stay is more than seven days, it might be worth asking
for the travelcard to start in the morning and use Pay As You Go all
the way to Wembley on the first evening. If the whole visit is not
more than seven days, this wouldn't help.
Old July 4th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis

On Jul 4, 2:34 pm, MIG wrote:
On Jul 4, 7:09 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:

[...]

We arrive on a thursday evening and leave the follwing thurs we want
the zone 6 as i have been in london many times . Can you specify that
you want the 7 day to start fri when i buy it thurs night?
Old July 4th 08, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 4, 7:47*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 4, 2:34 pm, MIG wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:09 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:

[...]

Yes. It will be easiest to do it at the counter. Ask the clerk for
an Oyster card loaded with a seven-day travelcard starting the next
day (which will mean that you don't have to pay a £3 deposit for the
card itself) and ask for enough credit to be added for your first
journey to Wembley that evening (I am not sure what route it assumes,
with regard to your earlier question).

Old July 4th 08, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis

On Jul 4, 3:06 pm, MIG wrote:
On Jul 4, 7:47 pm, "
wrote:

What will be the quickest route ?
Old July 4th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 4, 8:48*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 4, 3:06 pm, MIG wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:47 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 2:34 pm, MIG wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:09 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:

[...]

I can't imagine doing anything but getting the Piccadilly Line to
Green Park and then the Jubilee to Wembley Park, because it's simplest
and least risky.

Believe it or not, the Journey Planner suggests getting the Piccadilly
to Acton Town, Change for Alperton and then bus 83 from Alperton to
Wembley.

I think that the Journey Planner gives the wrong level of precision
with this sort of thing, because it depends on buses running exactly
on time.
Old July 4th 08, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis

On Jul 4, 3:06 pm, MIG wrote:
On Jul 4, 7:47 pm, "
wrote:

what would 2 bus rides cost on oyster?
Old July 4th 08, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.support.mult-sclerosis
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 4, 9:39*pm, "
wrote:
On Jul 4, 3:06 pm, MIG wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:47 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 2:34 pm, MIG wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:09 pm, "
wrote:

On Jul 4, 9:45 am, MIG wrote:

[...]

Always 90p per bus, therefore £1.80. An Underground journey is one
price regardless of whether you change, but the price is less after
1900 hours and depends on the zones covered.
Old July 4th 08, 10:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 12:06:15 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

On Jul 4, 7:47*pm, "
wrote:

We arrive on a thursday evening and leave the follwing thurs we want
the zone 6 as i have been in london many times . Can you specify that
you want the 7 day to start fri when i buy it thurs night?-

Yes. It will be easiest to do it at the counter. Ask the clerk for
an Oyster card loaded with a seven-day travelcard starting the next
day (which will mean that you don't have to pay a £3 deposit for the
card itself) and ask for enough credit to be added for your first
journey to Wembley that evening (I am not sure what route it assumes,
with regard to your earlier question).

By the looks of the fares generated by the Fares Finder Heathrow T123 to
Wembley Park is priced not via Zone 1 - £1.80 peak, £1.00 off peak on
PAYG.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/fa...08/farefinder/

It doesn't matter what actual route you take the fare will be the same
regardless as the final charge is only worked out on exit from the
system.

--
Paul C