Old July 27th 08, 02:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Can I punch a hole in my Oyster Card?

Greetings.

In article , Barry Salter wrote:
Tristan Miller wrote:

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or
near one of the short edges.

I'd strongly advise not to, both for the reasons mentioned in this
thread and because you'd be in breach of TfL's Conditions of Carriage by
doing so, specifically Condition 5.1:

All photocards and Oyster photocards remain our property and must not be
intentionally damaged, altered or tampered with in any way. We may
withdraw or cancel your photocard or Oyster photocard at any time. We
will only do this for a good reason and if we do, we will give you a
receipt. If a photocard is needed, you can only use your ticket or
Oyster card when you have your photocard with you. This also applies to
Oyster photocards when used with a printed ticket.

I don't have an Oyster photocard. I just have a regular Oyster card.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited

Old July 28th 08, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Tristan Miller wrote:

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or near
one of the short edges.

Piercings on your Oyster card - the next step in personal adornment ...

Why not remove the plastic altogether?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/05...the-londo.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMGaXddLuA

--
Paul
Old July 28th 08, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Paul wrote:

Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Tristan Miller wrote:

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or near
one of the short edges.

Piercings on your Oyster card - the next step in personal adornment ...

Why not remove the plastic altogether?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/05...the-londo.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMGaXddLuA

Splendid!

Looks like you could convert it into a rather elegant ring.

tom

--
an optical recording release. copyright digitally mastered. .,
Old July 28th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Paul wrote:

Nick Leverton wrote:

Piercings on your Oyster card - the next step in personal adornment ...

Why not remove the plastic altogether?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/05...the-londo.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMGaXddLuA

Splendid!

Looks like you could convert it into a rather elegant ring.

And if you wore it about your person, you could wave your willy at the
Oyster reader ...

Nick (ok ok, it's just too hot to think more sensibly !)
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 6th June 2008)
Old July 28th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Nick Leverton wrote:

In article ,
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Paul wrote:

Nick Leverton wrote:

Piercings on your Oyster card - the next step in personal adornment ...

Why not remove the plastic altogether?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/05...the-londo.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMGaXddLuA

Splendid!

Looks like you could convert it into a rather elegant ring.

And if you wore it about your person, you could wave your willy at the
Oyster reader ...

You see, this is what gives us men a bad name - no matter how many times
you're told to "always touch in" ...

tom

--
an optical recording release. copyright digitally mastered. .,

Old July 28th 08, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Paul wrote:

Nick Leverton wrote:

Piercings on your Oyster card - the next step in personal adornment ...

Why not remove the plastic altogether?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/05/05...the-londo.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMGaXddLuA

Splendid!

Looks like you could convert it into a rather elegant ring.

And if you wore it about your person, you could wave your willy at the
Oyster reader ...

You see, this is what gives us men a bad name - no matter how many times
you're told to "always touch in" ...

I suppose it depends on where you touch in, and how ....

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 6th June 2008)
Old July 29th 08, 09:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Jul, 18:25, Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I have a retractable keychain I wear on my belt. *I find it useful to have
my Oyster Card on this as I don't have to fumble for it in my pockets
whenever I board a bus or enter a Tube station; the card is always hanging
from my hip, within easy reach of the Card readers.

Until now I've been putting my Oyster Card in the official plastic wallet
and punching a hole through that to put it on the keyring. *However, after
a while the soft plastic cracks or rips. *I figure a more durable solution
would be to punch through the Oyster Card itself, though I'm afraid that
doing so in the wrong place would render it useless.

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? *Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or near
one of the short edges.

Regards,
Tristan

--
* *_
* _V.-o *Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] * *Space is limited
(7_\\ * *http://www.nothingisreal.com/* *To finish what you

Superglue something to it that can easily attach to the chain?