Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25th 08, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Can I punch a hole in my Oyster Card?

"Tristan Miller" wrote in message
Greetings.

I have a retractable keychain I wear on my belt. I find it useful to have
my Oyster Card on this as I don't have to fumble for it in my pockets
whenever I board a bus or enter a Tube station; the card is always hanging
from my hip, within easy reach of the Card readers.

Until now I've been putting my Oyster Card in the official plastic wallet
and punching a hole through that to put it on the keyring. However, after
a while the soft plastic cracks or rips. I figure a more durable solution
would be to punch through the Oyster Card itself, though I'm afraid that
doing so in the wrong place would render it useless.

Does anyone know if/where it is safe to punch a hole through an Oyster
Card? Ideally I'd like to punch the hole near one of the corners, or near
one of the short edges.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited

Buy (and wear) a Tilley Hat. They have a pouch in the crown which is the
right size for an Oyster card. When you approach a reader simply take your
hat off and place it on the reader. It's a very quick and simple process.