Old August 3rd 08, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Shepherd's Bush Central Line

Travelling through this station recently it looks like they've started
retiling -- but in white! Now while I agree that the dark green tiles
that were there in the station's old incarnation always made it feel quite
gloomy and oppressive, they also made it a rather unique station. I think
it'll be a shame to have lost that.

Iain

Old August 3rd 08, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Iain wrote:
Travelling through this station recently it looks like they've started
retiling -- but in white! Now while I agree that the dark green tiles
that were there in the station's old incarnation always made it feel
quite gloomy and oppressive, they also made it a rather unique
station. I think it'll be a shame to have lost that.

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose side are you on?
--
Richard J.

Old August 4th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in news:4Cjlk.37015
:

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose side are you on?

That of the goths, obviously

Iain
Old August 4th 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Iain wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in news:4Cjlk.37015
:

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose side are you on?

That of the goths, obviously

But.. but... but... the Ostrogoths or the Visigoths?

Old August 4th 08, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
om
Iain wrote:
Travelling through this station recently it looks like they've
started retiling -- but in white! Now while I agree that the dark
green tiles that were there in the station's old incarnation always
made it feel quite gloomy and oppressive, they also made it a rather
unique station. I think it'll be a shame to have lost that.

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose side are you on?

As a matter of interest, why were the dark green tiles chosen? I assume
there was some presumed link with "Shepherd's Bush (Green)", but it's
not intuitively obvious.

Old August 5th 08, 07:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 20:18:57 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Iain wrote:
"Richard J." wrote in news:4Cjlk.37015
:

You think it'll be a shame that Shepherd's Bush won't be gloomy and
oppressive? Whose side are you on?

That of the goths, obviously

But.. but... but... the Ostrogoths or the Visigoths?

Presumably the Visigoths, them being the goths from the west.

Although they are to the east of us.

And don't get me started on goths invading Germania...