Old August 14th 08, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

... with a Bob Crowe here and a dodgy ballot there , hey ho hey ho etc
etc

Mr Bobbys performance related bonus must be due soon. Obviously the
strike quota hasn't been met this year so something needs to be done!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4523192.ece

B2003

Old August 14th 08, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
.. with a Bob Crowe here and a dodgy ballot there , hey ho hey ho etc
etc

Mr Bobbys performance related bonus must be due soon. Obviously the
strike quota hasn't been met this year so something needs to be done!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4523192.ece

Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be so.

Old August 14th 08, 04:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 14, 4:56 pm, "Graculus"
wrote:
Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be so.

What makes me sick is that for some reason I've never fathomed is that
public sector workers seem to assume that a yearly pay rise is a right
as opposed to being discretionary by the employer. They really need to
rejoin the real world at some point.

B2003
Old August 15th 08, 12:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14 Aug, 16:56, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

.. with a Bob Crowe here and a dodgy ballot there , hey ho hey ho etc
etc

Mr Bobbys performance related bonus must be due soon. Obviously the
strike quota hasn't been met this year so something needs to be done!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4523192.ece

Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be so.

I reckon everyone's pay should double, or we could simple halve the
value of the pound. It would be great for exports, shame we rely on
imports for food and fuel...
Old August 15th 08, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
On 14 Aug, 16:56, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

.. with a Bob Crowe here and a dodgy ballot there , hey ho hey ho etc
etc

Mr Bobbys performance related bonus must be due soon. Obviously the
strike quota hasn't been met this year so something needs to be done!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4523192.ece

Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of
crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be
so.

I reckon everyone's pay should double, or we could simple halve the
value of the pound. It would be great for exports, shame we rely on
imports for food and fuel...

Have you seen the exchange rates (euro or dollar) over the last week or two?
I think that's already happening :-)

Old August 15th 08, 07:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Aug 14, 5:02*pm, Boltar wrote:
On Aug 14, 4:56 pm, "Graculus"
wrote:

Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be so.

What makes me sick is that for some reason I've never fathomed is that
public sector workers seem to assume that a yearly pay rise is a right
as opposed to being discretionary by the employer. They really need to
rejoin the real world at some point.

Is this relevant? I thought the dispute was about Tubelines being
paid less than Metronet.
Old August 15th 08, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 15, 8:32 am, MIG wrote:
Is this relevant? I thought the dispute was about Tubelines being
paid less than Metronet.

If it is then so what? Plenty of other people do the same job as me
around london. Do I get paid exactly the same as them? Probably not.
In fact I'd be surprised if the salaries didn't vary inside my company
for the same job - thats the way it works in the private sector. LIke
I said, they need to rejoin the real world.

B2003

Old August 15th 08, 09:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 15 Aug, 09:11, Boltar wrote:
On Aug 15, 8:32 am, MIG wrote:

Is this relevant? *I thought the dispute was about Tubelines being
paid less than Metronet.

If it is then so what? Plenty of other people do the same job as me
around london. Do I get paid exactly the same as them? Probably not.
In fact I'd be surprised if the salaries didn't vary inside my company
for the same job - thats the way it works in the private sector. LIke
I said, they need to rejoin the real world.

That's a separate argument. I'm just helping to focus the rant on the
actual dispute, which was not about whether or not there should be
annual pay rises.
Old August 15th 08, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Boltar" wrote in message
On Aug 14, 4:56 pm, "Graculus"
wrote:
Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of
crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be
so.

What makes me sick is that for some reason I've never fathomed is that
public sector workers seem to assume that a yearly pay rise is a right
as opposed to being discretionary by the employer. They really need to
rejoin the real world at some point.

Not just the public sector, it seems. There's a plonker from Swissport
trying to justify why striking at the airports on the bank holiday weekend
is a good idea. And so many cliches in so few sentences I haven't heard in a
long time. What a dickhead.

Old August 15th 08, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 15 Aug, 17:44, "Graculus"
wrote:
"Boltar" wrote in message

On Aug 14, 4:56 pm, "Graculus"
wrote:
Just seems to go along with some plonker of an Economics Spokesman (or
something like that) from the TUC who was coming out with all sorts of
crap
why their members should get above inflation pay rises "because this
inflation isn't caused by wage increases." Obviously he wants it to be
so.

What makes me sick is that for some reason I've never fathomed is that
public sector workers seem to assume that a yearly pay rise is a right
as opposed to being discretionary by the employer. They really need to
rejoin the real world at some point.

Not just the public sector, it seems. There's a plonker from Swissport
trying to justify why striking at the airports on the bank holiday weekend
is a good idea. And so many cliches in so few sentences I haven't heard in a
long time. What a dickhead.

That would never happen on the railways of course. The routes to the
seaside are all closed for engineering work most August bank holidays.