Old January 8th 09, 09:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Out of Station TfL interchanges

In message of Tue, 18 Nov 2008
23:09:23 in uk.transport.london, Peter Smyth
writes

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message

(And I'm pretty sure that Marylebone NR and Baker Street LU are tied
together as being a valid OOSI, and I think this is also the case

regards to Fenchurch Street NR and Tower Hill LU - though annoyingly
Paddington NR and Lancaster Gate LU is not an OOSI.)

Both true. As is Euston Square and Euston but not ES and Warren
Street.
I've just been through to LU customer services and got one of the
more helpful members of their staff. They will try to assemble a
list of those interchanges. If they do, I will forward here.

They've just followed up to ask me to couch my request for
information as a Freedom of Information Act request. Heigh Ho!

They answered me, yesterday. Unfortunately, I can't copy the data un
the answer as they put the following in the reply: "Brief extracts of
the material may be reproduced under the fair dealing provisions of
the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1998". I think they mistakenly
refer to the 1988 Act, but know nothing and may be wrong.

It seems you weren't the only one who asked.

http://londonreconnections.blogspot....tion-interchan
ges-current.html#links

I questioned TfL as to whether the following actually are OSI
King's Cross St. Pancras Met LU King's Cross St. Pancras Tube LU 30
King's Cross St. Pancras Tube LU King's Cross St. Pancras Met LU 30

I can confirm that I had an OSI when I went from Farringdon to Moorgate
using
King's Cross St. Pancras Met LU King's Cross St. Pancras Tube LU 30

OTOH, when I went from Euston Square to Euston Square using
King's Cross St. Pancras Tube LU King's Cross St. Pancras Met LU 30
My Oyster record showed a free trip to KXSP and an unstarted journey
ending at Euston Square. There, the SAMF (ticket seller) was unable to
correct the record and I have not bothered pursuing it with Oyster
customer services. I resented the imputation that I had not touched in
at KXSP.

Times for interchange are not always symmetrical. e.g.
40 is allowed from Aldgate to London Fenchurch Street.

That is because of the frequency of trains from Fenchurch Street. If
you just miss a 2tph service then you may have to wait 20-25 minutes
before the platform of the next train is announced and you can pass
through the ticket barriers. So the interchange time has to allow for
the worst case scenario.

Peter Smyth

--
Walter Briscoe

Old January 8th 09, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jan 8, 10:07*pm, Walter Briscoe
wrote:
[...]

Reawakening this thread reminds me of something I was wondering about.

Is Shadwell to Whitechapel currently an OOSI? If it is, does it
require a £0 touch on the replacement bus? How does it work?