Old September 23rd 03, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Stratford Eurostar station.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:46:02 +0100, "Peter Smyth"
wrote:

So? You will also have to put your ticket in a gate to get to the tube from
St Pancras.

Yes - so therefore its the same.

Old September 23rd 03, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Matthew
Malthouse writes
} I suspect that the main reasons that the station exists were as a stop
} for domestic trains on the CTRL,
Eh? Isn't part of the point of the CTRL that there would be no domestic
services on it?

No, the point was to provide a line capable of 21st century train
speeds.

} and to provide a London stop for NOL
} Eurostars off the WCML that does not require a St. pancras reversal.
Seems sensible. But it gives rise to another question. If Eurostar
services extend north of London how would immigration and customs be
done?

Painfully. Yet another reason to rethink the system - either sign up to
Schengen, or at the very least switch to doing inspections on the train.

--
Clive D.W. Feather, writing for himself | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old September 24th 03, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:53:53 +0100, Ed Crowley wrote:
If you buy a ticket there's nothing stopping you from leaving Clapham
Junction either.

I wasn't going to risk the machine eating it, and the attendents dont
speak English

In fact, you should buy several tickets, seeing as you think rail travel
is far too cheap.

No, I think other transport is far too expensive