Old December 12th 08, 09:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo gateline

The gateline at Waterloo mainline seems to be finished apart from a
few ceiling tiles and and some fencing.

The gates have now been switched on,but are not in use yet.
The ticket machines have been fitted with a black rectangular pad
which I think is a smartcard reader.

The peak hour subway has now been closed until 'further notice' for
installation of the gateline there.

Old December 12th 08, 10:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message
The gateline at Waterloo mainline seems to be finished apart from a
few ceiling tiles and and some fencing.

The gates have now been switched on,but are not in use yet.
The ticket machines have been fitted with a black rectangular pad
which I think is a smartcard reader.

The peak hour subway has now been closed until 'further notice' for
installation of the gateline there.

I had to use the gate on Platform 19 on Thursday!

MaxB

Old December 12th 08, 10:07 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Dec 12, 11:03*pm, "Batman55" wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message

The gateline at Waterloo mainline seems to be finished apart from a
few ceiling tiles and and some fencing.

The gates have now been switched on,but are not in use yet.
The ticket machines have been fitted with a black rectangular pad
which I think is a smartcard reader.

The peak hour subway has now been closed until 'further notice' for
installation of the gateline there.

I had to use the gate on Platform 19 on Thursday!

MaxB

I had to use Platform 18/19 gates last week - believe they were
activated early that week.

The Platform 20 signage is also now in place - any ideas when the
platform will be in use?
Old December 13th 08, 07:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

It is switched on and it still seems to be causing quite a few
problems. I may be wrong here but are the gates working in both
directions at the same time? That's what it looked like the last few
days to me. They really need to make sure that people from 17/18 exit
via platform 19 as we almost didn't make our trains due to the high
number of people trying to get off via the small number of gates at
17/18.

Old December 13th 08, 10:15 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message 01c95cc0$991a8ca0$LocalHost@default, at 01:21:36 on Sat, 13
Dec 2008, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:

Is there such a thing as a Off-peak Single ?

Depends on the route. I've found them to be less prevalent near London.

There isn't for Richmond to London.
Old December 13th 08, 10:39 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
No Name

wrote in message
On Dec 12, 11:03 pm, "Batman55" wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message

The gateline at Waterloo mainline seems to be finished apart from a
few ceiling tiles and and some fencing.

The gates have now been switched on,but are not in use yet.
The ticket machines have been fitted with a black rectangular pad
which I think is a smartcard reader.

The peak hour subway has now been closed until 'further notice' for
installation of the gateline there.

I had to use the gate on Platform 19 on Thursday!

MaxB

I had to use Platform 18/19 gates last week - believe they were

activated early that week.

The Platform 20 signage is also now in place - any ideas when the

platform will be in use?

When do they plan to install gates for the Waterloo & City?

Old December 13th 08, 11:20 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:39:58 -0000, wrote:

[waterloo]

When do they plan to install gates for the Waterloo & City?

You don't need them at Waterloo as Bank is gated and there are no
intermediate stops. I'd also say with confidence that it is impossible
to gate Waterloo W&C safely anyway.
--
Paul C
Old December 13th 08, 11:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 13 Dec, 12:20, Paul Corfield wrote:
You don't need them at Waterloo as Bank is gated and there are no
intermediate stops. *

There's ungated access to all other lines, or is that not a worry?

Oyster PAYG gateline experiment Sky Rider London Transport 10 January 14th 10 10:21 AM
UTS Gateline codes Q London Transport 0 November 12th 09 10:10 PM
Stratford Jubilee gateline defunct Walter Briscoe London Transport 1 October 1st 09 06:24 PM
Wandsworth Town station gateline Lucas London Transport 20 August 18th 09 03:50 PM
City Thameslink gateline Sky Rider London Transport 20 January 31st 07 05:40 PM