Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 25th 09, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default stay on or get off?

Traveling around the other day I found myself late in the evening at
north acton, heading home (east) the train I got on announced that
someone had committed suicide at liverpool street and hence the
central line was suspended, also that this train wasn't going anywhere
anytime soon and we were advised to take local busses, I got as far as
the top of the steps when the train pulled out...

when getting announcements like this is it generally better to 'wait
it out' on the train or bail-out onto another line or the local
busses?

I made it as far as shepards bush in the end after 30 minutes waiting
on the train on the other platform, then took the overground to
willesden junction and a freezing 30 minute wait for a stratford-bound
train.

I'm pretty sure I heard announcements on the jubilee line earlier in
the day (friday) that the line was suspended for similar reasons,
people ending up under trains seems to be alot more common than I'd
realised, an unpleasant prospect all-too-common for the drivers and a
job that must come very low on the list of things I'd like to do every
day for the people who clean up the resulting mess, my sympathies with
them all.
--
Mark Varley
www.TwistedPhotography.co.uk

a stay in london max London Transport 16 January 7th 11 08:05 PM
Western Congestion Charge Zone to stay next a reprieve for bendybuses? trainmanUK London Transport 4 September 23rd 09 08:51 PM
Long Stay Car Parks At Uxbridge Tube Station Paul Maskell London Transport 2 July 12th 09 09:36 PM
advice please - pool inside M25 for tour team stay jtaylor London Transport 3 March 11th 05 05:57 PM
Cost of two weeks stay in London Chan WK London Transport 11 May 22nd 04 09:48 AM