Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 22nd 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default iBus fitted buses without displays?

I've noticed several types of buses which have had the 'business end'
of iBus fitted, and make the correct announcements (and have that
little blue and yellow sticker in the windscreen), but have no
interior LED displays - the long Darts on my local route 227 are one
example, and the Citaro artics on the 436 are another. I wonder
whether a) these types fall into the 'too difficult' category (though
some of each type *have* been fitted with displays), b) once the 'hard
bit' of the fitment is done, local garages are able to add the
displays at their own pace, or c) despite reports to the contrary,
iBus fitting is not quite as complete and trouble-free as stated?