Old April 21st 09, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Those protesters again - London stopped - who can we sue?

Yesterday I was trying to get home from Euston to Tooting Broadway.
Not normally the most epic of journeys. But there were major problems
on the Northern Line, so I got off at London Bridge. I took an
overground train to Charing Cross and got on a 24 to go to Victoria.

Whitehall was completely blocked off because of those protesters
again, something to do with Tamils. I think they are either for or
against them. Buses were being diverted god-knows-where. So I got off,
walked to Westminster, took a tube to Victoria, took the overground to
Balham then realised that both Balham and Tooting Broadway were shut
owing to engineering works, so I had to get a 355 bus home.

Anyway, when the French trawlermen blockaded the port recently P&O
said it was thinking of suing them. Is there some organization behind
these Parliament Square demos that might be sued by disgruntled
punters?

They weren't entirely to blame, but they didn't help.

Old April 21st 09, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 21 Apr, 09:04, Offramp wrote:
Yesterday I was trying to get home from Euston to Tooting Broadway.
Not normally the most epic of journeys. But there were major problems
on the Northern Line, so I got off at London Bridge. I took an
overground train to Charing Cross and got on a 24 to go to Victoria.

Whitehall was completely blocked off because of those protesters
again, something to do with Tamils. I think they are either for or
against them.

Why don't you find out what it's about?

It might turn out to be something more important than your journey.
Old April 21st 09, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 10:11*am, MIG wrote:
On 21 Apr, 09:04, Offramp wrote:

Yesterday I was trying to get home from Euston to Tooting Broadway.
Not normally the most epic of journeys. But there were major problems
on the Northern Line, so I got off at London Bridge. I took an
overground train to Charing Cross and got on a 24 to go to Victoria.

Whitehall was completely blocked off because of those protesters
again, something to do with Tamils. I think they are either for or
against them.

Why don't you find out what it's about?

It might turn out to be something more important than your journey.

Presumably the British Government is either killing or failing to kill
Tamils in Sri Lanka.
Old April 21st 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message

then realised that both Balham and Tooting Broadway were shut
owing to engineering works,

What time was this on Monday? I live in Balham and didn't know the station
was closed.

Ian

Old April 21st 09, 11:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 9:04*am, Offramp wrote:
[...]

Interesting that you don't talk of wanting to sue LU, just the
demonstrators.

I'm yet to respond to the other thread on the topic of demonstrations
which I thought was thoroughly reactionary.

By the by I think your alternate route was a bit around the houses.
I'd have gone by train from London Bridge to Streatham, then either
FCC Thameslink to Tooting or caught the 57 or 333 from Mitcham Lane
(just round the corner from Streatham station) to Tooting Broadway.

Old April 21st 09, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 02:11:09 -0700 (PDT)
MIG wrote:

On 21 Apr, 09:04, Offramp wrote:
Yesterday I was trying to get home from Euston to Tooting Broadway.
Not normally the most epic of journeys. But there were major problems
on the Northern Line, so I got off at London Bridge. I took an
overground train to Charing Cross and got on a 24 to go to Victoria.

Whitehall was completely blocked off because of those protesters
again, something to do with Tamils. I think they are either for or
against them.

Why don't you find out what it's about?

It might turn out to be something more important than your journey.

Who gives a stuff what happens on an island 5000 miles away? If the
protesters are all so concerned about the place why don't they fly
over there and help sort it out instead of causing a nuisance here
and demand our govenrment "do something"? Do what exactly? Send the
gunboats to Columbo? Fscking idiots.

B2003

Old April 21st 09, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 11:30*am, "Ian F." wrote:
"Offramp" wrote in message

then realised that both Balham and Tooting Broadway were shut
owing to engineering works,

What time was this on Monday? I live in Balham and didn't know the station
was closed.

Ian

After 10pm weekdays; Tooting Broadway is the same.
Old April 21st 09, 12:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

MIG wrote:

On 21 Apr, 09:04, Offramp wrote:
[...]

The decision not to give a stuff entails finding out, which was what I
suggested.

One might also find out what it is that they are asking someone to do.

It's one thing to say "my journey was disrupted by something which I
disagree with and/or consider to be pointless".

This post was "something that I can't be bothered to find out about
has disrupted my journey, but by definition it must be less important
than my journey".
Old April 21st 09, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 21, 12:25*pm, MIG wrote:

One might also find out what it is that they are asking someone to do.

I am sure that you could tell me.

I am not going to exert myself because that would mean that blocking
off central London to traffic is a tactic which succeeds, and then
every nutcase group will close off main roads.