Old May 24th 09, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Commuters suffer while Crowe inflates his ego even further

wrote ...
They've been running under the current setup *for 40 years*..
It's not a H&S issue, it's a willy-waving issue (and management
is doubtless being at least as daft as the union about the whole
case - the sensible approach would be to say 'meh, **** happens,
anyone who walks out of the wrong side of the train was a
****wit anyway, slap on the wrists and brief telling-off for
drivers who make the mistake').

Not so; the technology in and around the train is constantly changing. It
may be happening now because of an 'apparently unrelated' upgrade. The 1973
stock had been running at least 15 years before they had a problem.

And as has been said before (and as you know), we aren't talking about
spacewalking ****wits, but rush hour sardines being forced off the train.

Having said that, I do agree that both sides are equally pathetic on this
and many other issues.

However, for LU to claim the *only* solution to such an obvious and real
risk is too pricey and too time consuming to implement is almost certainly a
lie - it's extremely likely that a lower-tech fix could be done this time,
as it always has in the past. Never underestimate the resourcefulness of the
British Engineer.

Tragically, without the luxury of all the facts, I can't be 100%.

Once someone dies, we'll find out. For sure.
--

Andrew

Interviewer: Tonight I'm interviewing that famous nurse, Florence
Nightingale
Tommy Cooper (dressed as a nurse): Sir Florence Nightingale
Interviewer: *Sir* Florence Nightingale?
Tommy Cooper: I'm a Night Nurse.

Old May 28th 09, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Andrew Heenan" wrote in
:

Next time you see a strike reported, time the management side, and
time the union side - the score is usually about 4-0 on the BBC, 3-0
on ITV and something like 5 - -4 (dissenting union side
voice/carefully selected vox pop) on Sky.

Quite possibly because the public have stopped listening to Crow's
incessant whining every six months for the last dozen years.
Old May 28th 09, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london

"MrBitsy" wrote in
:

Obviously he made a mistake. The problem is, if the trains still have
this flaw, other humans will also make the same mistake at some point.

What, lying to a disciplinary?

BTW, you need to learn how to quote correctly.