Old August 11th 09, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Default Parking at Edgware

Hello.

Please can anyone tell me if there is a car park close to Edgware Tube
station where it would be possible to leave the car overnight on a
Saturday (from around 08:00 on the Saturday to around 11:00 on the
Sunday)?

I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

Any extra details such as charges etc would be most appreciated.

Thank-you

Bob

Old August 11th 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 05:40:48 -0700 (PDT), Bob
wrote:

Hello.

Please can anyone tell me if there is a car park close to Edgware Tube
station where it would be possible to leave the car overnight on a
Saturday (from around 08:00 on the Saturday to around 11:00 on the
Sunday)?

I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

Any extra details such as charges etc would be most appreciated.

Try this?

http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/uk/park...tube-stations/

Old August 11th 09, 01:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:
I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69
Old August 11th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The message
from Roland Perry contains these words:

In message
, at
05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:
I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The Mall).
Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are free
for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

--
Helen Vecht
Edgware
Old August 12th 09, 09:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

,
at 05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:
I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The
Mall). Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are
free for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

Street parking in Edgware is metered until 1am, seven days a week... is the
car park free before 1am?

Old August 16th 09, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The message
from "Basil Jet" contains these
words:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
The message
from Roland Perry contains these words:

In message
,
at 05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:
I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The
Mall). Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are
free for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

Street parking in Edgware is metered until 1am, seven days a week... is the
car park free before 1am?

I think it's free once the shops close, but I'm not sure.

--
Helen Vecht
Edgware
Old August 18th 09, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12 Aug, 10:34, "Basil Jet"
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

The message
from Roland Perry contains these words:

In message
,
at 05:40:48 on Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Bob remarked:

I can find lots of references on the web to car parks in Edgware but
no specifics, google earth shows a car park but it looks like a
supermarket one.

I think it's shared with Sainsbury's (or similar).

http://www.tubeplanner.com/cgi-bin/s...ation.pl?id=69

It is shared with Sainsbury's/the Broadwalk Shopping Centre (aka The
Mall). Parking is free overnight I think (the barriers are up). At
shopping/commuting times, charges apply and the first two hours are
free for Sainsbury's customers, I think.

Street parking in Edgware is metered until 1am, seven days a week... is the
car park free before 1am?

Really - 1am! Wow, that's late, I am surprised about that. Where else
in Greater Londinium does such a late controlled cut-off apply?

OK, I was curious enough to try and look for info on LB Barnet's
website - on their CPZ page they refer to their mapping service - to
see the map I to use Internet Explorer, which then complained about an
ActiveX control which had to be downloaded separately from the
provider's website in order to make it work. Point being, the key in
the map didn't seem to suggest that anywhere was controlled until 1am
- it's quite possible however that I'm looking in the wrong place, as
I didn't really find the map to be very user friendly!

LB Barnet CPZ page:
http://www.barnet.gov.uk/index/trans...-parking-zones
Old August 18th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

[...]

No specific information on the website of the Broadwalk shopping
centre - it does however seem to confirm it is open 24/7 and is
monitored - see the bottom of this page:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/opening-hours.aspx

The specific car park page shows some prices, but has no info about
overnight parking - see:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/.../car-park.aspx

I'm tempted to think that if it's monitored all night, then it will
charge - however it might simply be monitored from the shopping
centre's CCTV control room or some such.

One could always try calling up the shopping centre's management
office - details below:
http://www.thebroadwalkcentre.co.uk/contact-us.aspx
Old August 20th 09, 01:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I know for a fact parking was free when my companion parked in the
Broadwalk when we went for dinner in Edgware on a Sunday evening.
I can't exactly recall when this was.
We aren't late diners.

--
Helen Vecht