Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 12th 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

Paul Corfield wrote on 12 October 2009 21:19:24 ...
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:31:22 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 18:40:32 on
Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Paul Corfield remarked:
I would rather have needles stuck in my eyes than fly Ryanair.
Did you have a bad experience, or are you just reacting to the
chattering campaign about them?
Am I allowed to say I have never travelled with them and never will?

So 100% prejudice. Glad we got that out in the open.

Sure. I'm not aware there is a rule against 100% blind prejudice. Anyway
Mr O'Leary won't give a toss about not having me as one of his customers
so I'd say we're about quits ;-)

This is based on what you'd probably call an irrational dislike of their
business model and of dear old Mr O'Leary. He's a clever bloke but I
don't like his business methods or attitudes whereby Ryanair are always
right and everyone else can go hang.

If I want to experience bus travel then I'll use a bus thanks very much!

Or quite a lot of trains. Indeed, Ryanair's planes are mainly pretty
new, and not bad to travel on at all.

Well yes but I would not call a decent Inter City train a bus. Eurostar
does not resemble a bus. I travel on buses all the time and they're fine
for their job as are plenty of trains and plenty of airlines. Even
jammed full Class 378s are not buses - they're high capacity trains
doing their job.

I don't feel I have lost out by not travelling by Ryanair. I would hope
Mr O'Leary's planes are pretty new given the huge rate of expansion that
he has managed with his airline - doesn't stop them having faults nor
having pilots that cannot find the correct airport though nor the
operation being run on an absolute shoestring. Even if I was to
discount half of the negative comments and reports I have read about
Ryanair I would still not travel with them.

I think that's a rational attitude, and I share it. There comes a point
at which the volume of informed negative comment is so great that one
can't ignore it. It's not "irrational", nor is it "blind prejudice".
It's a valid risk assessment based on available evidence.
--
Richard J.