Old November 4th 03, 08:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default mind the gap..

I fell under at Debden Station today! hhahaha. My left leg under the train,
by right knee smashed down onto the platform, and my left arm holding me up!
then the ******* pulled away and i had to quickly climb back up!

ouch!!!
Dan

~leave what you've lost, leave what's grown old.... on thunder road...~

http://www.daylightfading.co.uk/chat.html
A place to discuss movies, music and life.
(Busiest in the evenings)

Old November 4th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

dj152" wrote in message
I fell under at Debden Station today! hhahaha. My left leg under the

train,
by right knee smashed down onto the platform, and my left arm holding me

up!
then the ******* pulled away and i had to quickly climb back up!

If that really happened then the driver was not very attentitive or the CCTV
at that location is poor making the Train Operator not be able to see what
was happenning. I've never been there, but that sounds like a Big gap,
rather like the one at bank, or you may just be very Slim!
--
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out the

Old November 4th 03, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe" wrote in
:

dj152" wrote in message

I fell under at Debden Station today! hhahaha. My left leg under
the

train,
by right knee smashed down onto the platform, and my left arm holding
me

up!
then the ******* pulled away and i had to quickly climb back up!

If that really happened then the driver was not very attentitive or
the CCTV at that location is poor making the Train Operator not be
able to see what was happenning. I've never been there, but that
sounds like a Big gap, rather like the one at bank, or you may just be
very Slim! --
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Train Information, The Latest News & Best photos around check out
the Award Winning Railways
Online at http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk

I hope you reported this to station staff.
Old November 4th 03, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe wrote:
dj152" wrote in message
... I fell under at
Debden Station today! hhahaha. My left leg under the train, by
right knee smashed down onto the platform, and my left arm holding
me up! then the ******* pulled away and i had to quickly climb back
up!

If that really happened then the driver was not very attentitive or
the CCTV at that location is poor making the Train Operator not be
able to see what was happenning. I've never been there, but that
sounds like a Big gap, rather like the one at bank,

From what I can see of the aerial photo on Multimap, it looks like a
straight platform. Perhaps dj152 could explain how this happened?
--
Richard J.

Old November 5th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"dj152" wrote in message

As I caught my breath and got ready to haul
myself out he started pulling away.

The driver should have seen you and stopped. There is definitely a safety
issue here that needs to be reported and possibly addressed.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old November 5th 03, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

From what I can see of the aerial photo on Multimap, it looks like a
straight platform. Perhaps dj152 could explain how this happened?

Well it was my fault I guess. Basically I got to the station and saw a train
pulling up on the other side. I felt ambitious; put my travelcard card through
and sprinted along the platform, up over the bridge and down onto the other
platform.. as i ran toward the doors they closed... realising my defeat i tried
to stop myself.. (the rest i can't rmemeber greatly as it all happened so
quick)...

but I THINK as I was running I tried to stop myself by placing my left leg out
in front of me.. but rather than it landing on the platform it landed on the
space between the train and platform! So then I disappeared hehe.. with my leg
down their my right knee smashed into the floor (ouch) and I held myself up
with my left hand on the train!. As I caught my breath and got ready to haul
myself out he started pulling away. Pretty terrifying but I climbed out. No
tragedy...

On reflection, it's all my fault. hehe. Not much to tell the manager about..

Old November 6th 03, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

"dj152" wrote in message

As I caught my breath and got ready to haul
myself out he started pulling away.

The driver should have seen you and stopped. There is definitely a safety
issue here that needs to be reported and possibly addressed.

Totally agree. The driver has cameras/monitors and/or mirrors to ensure
that no-one is trapped in the doors or between the train and the platform.