Old October 26th 09, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Are droids really that stupid

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:52:32 -0000, "John Salmon"
wrote:

Was that meant to be for both inboundary and outboundary types? The Off-Peak
Day Travelcard I bought on Friday (23rd October) shows "Between LONDON KINGS
X * & R1256 ZONES" Route ANY PERMITTED.

The Anytime one I bought today says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & LONDON
ZONES 1-6".

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old October 26th 09, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually
happen as planned?

It did and mine says that exact wording. No confusion there...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Old November 2nd 09, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Ah, [after some delay while searches previous posts] - I see Paul
Corfield reported the T/Cs 'destination' was changing on 6th Sept,
from eg 'R1256' to 'London Zones 1-6', aimed at clarification of what
it actually meant.

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually happen
as planned?

My Anytime ODTC bought today (2 Nov) from Epsom (Southern) says:
Between EPSOM * & R1256 ZONES

It then says 'Valid within zone(s) indicated' so I suppose a literal
reading might conclude that it wasn't valid for zones 3 and 4, but of
course it is and I've never had anyone suggest otherwise.

Peter

--
| Peter Campbell Smith | Epsom | UK |
Old November 2nd 09, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:26:30 +0000 (UTC), Peter Campbell Smith
wrote:

My Anytime ODTC bought today (2 Nov) from Epsom (Southern) says:
Between EPSOM * & R1256 ZONES

And my weekly bought at Euston today (rather than MKC or Bletchley as
usual), says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & R1256 ZONES". This is issued
by what the signs say is VT's brand new TIS...

(Shame the machines won't do MKC-R1256 at Euston, or I wouldn't have
had to queue...)

As an aside, does anyone know if the new ticket office at EUS is
completed - it looks decidedly unfinished and rough around the edges
to me, particularly the flooring.

Neil

--
Neil Williams