Old October 26th 09, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Are droids really that stupid

On Oct 25, 10:40*pm, (Paul Cummins) wrote:
In article ,

(Paul Corfield) wrote:
Yes - based on what you've posted. If you could say exactly what the
Travelcard was for then that would just confirm matters. I got the
impression you travelled in from outside the zones - not that it
should make any different whatsoever provided the date and zones were
fine.

ODTC was Winchester - Z123456 Route Woking. It was in date, on a railcard
which I was carrying and showed with the ticket when required.

That's certainly valid.

The oyster is kept in the same wallet for convenience, behind the
railcard.

And that creates no obligation for you to have validated it because
your ODTC is demonstrably the valid ticket.

--
Paul C
via Google.
Old October 26th 09, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:52:32 -0000, "John Salmon"
wrote:

Was that meant to be for both inboundary and outboundary types? The Off-Peak
Day Travelcard I bought on Friday (23rd October) shows "Between LONDON KINGS
X * & R1256 ZONES" Route ANY PERMITTED.

The Anytime one I bought today says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & LONDON
ZONES 1-6".

Neil

--
Neil Williams
Old October 26th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
Was that meant to be for both inboundary and outboundary types? The Off-Peak
Day Travelcard I bought on Friday (23rd October) shows "Between LONDON KINGS
X * & R1256 ZONES" Route ANY PERMITTED.

The Anytime one I bought today says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & LONDON
ZONES 1-6".

A monthly season I got a month ago (ie September) has "ZONES 1 - 6".

The one I got a month before that seems to say "R1256".

I say "seems" because another change is that the ink has gone less
disappeary with the recent ones.

So I suspect it may be another situation where not all machines at
each station have been replaced at the same time, but new or
refurbished machines incorporate the new description and a new
printing method.
Old October 26th 09, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually
happen as planned?

It did and mine says that exact wording. No confusion there...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981