Old October 26th 09, 11:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Are droids really that stupid

In article ,
(Paul Scott) wrote:

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually
happen as planned?

It did and mine says that exact wording. No confusion there...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Old October 29th 09, 12:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 Oct, 12:07, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Oct 25, 10:40*pm, (Paul Cummins) wrote:

In article ,

(Paul Corfield) wrote:
Yes - based on what you've posted. If you could say exactly what the
Travelcard was for then that would just confirm matters. I got the
impression you travelled in from outside the zones - not that it
should make any different whatsoever provided the date and zones were
fine.

ODTC was Winchester - Z123456 Route Woking. It was in date, on a railcard
which I was carrying and showed with the ticket when required.

That's certainly valid.

The oyster is kept in the same wallet for convenience, behind the
railcard.

And that creates no obligation for you to have validated it because
your ODTC is demonstrably the valid ticket.

--
Paul C
via Google.

I have the "privelige" of having safeguarded travel concessions (ex
BR) on Tramlink and as I work in Croydonia I quite often jump on trams
as I am far too lazy to walk (and I am a bit of a spotter). My PAYG
Oyster will now remain very invisible !

The OP and any of us can of couse spend the whole day using a
travelcard as a "rover" on the trams perfectly legitamately (during
it's valid time). Maybe we should organise a group day of travelling
the system with PAYG Oysters on display to see how many times this
happens, preferably with zero balances on the PAYG's (is that
possible ?).

I would be very intersted to hear TFL's response to this. I guess the
staff are brainwashed by the contstant P.A. telling you you MUST touch
in.

Richard
Old November 2nd 09, 12:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Ah, [after some delay while searches previous posts] - I see Paul
Corfield reported the T/Cs 'destination' was changing on 6th Sept,
from eg 'R1256' to 'London Zones 1-6', aimed at clarification of what
it actually meant.

Haven't used one myself yet. Anyone know if the change actually happen
as planned?

My Anytime ODTC bought today (2 Nov) from Epsom (Southern) says:
Between EPSOM * & R1256 ZONES

It then says 'Valid within zone(s) indicated' so I suppose a literal
reading might conclude that it wasn't valid for zones 3 and 4, but of
course it is and I've never had anyone suggest otherwise.

Peter

--
| Peter Campbell Smith | Epsom | UK |
Old November 2nd 09, 09:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:26:30 +0000 (UTC), Peter Campbell Smith
wrote:

My Anytime ODTC bought today (2 Nov) from Epsom (Southern) says:
Between EPSOM * & R1256 ZONES

And my weekly bought at Euston today (rather than MKC or Bletchley as
usual), says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & R1256 ZONES". This is issued
by what the signs say is VT's brand new TIS...

(Shame the machines won't do MKC-R1256 at Euston, or I wouldn't have
had to queue...)

As an aside, does anyone know if the new ticket office at EUS is
completed - it looks decidedly unfinished and rough around the edges
to me, particularly the flooring.

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Old November 3rd 09, 08:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:
My Anytime ODTC bought today (2 Nov) from Epsom (Southern) says:
Between EPSOM * & R1256 ZONES

And my weekly bought at Euston today (rather than MKC or Bletchley as
usual), says "Between MILTON KEYNES C & R1256 ZONES". *This is issued
by what the signs say is VT's brand new TIS...

(Shame the machines won't do MKC-R1256 at Euston, or I wouldn't have
had to queue...)

As an aside, does anyone know if the new ticket office at EUS is
completed - it looks decidedly unfinished and rough around the edges
to me, particularly the flooring.

Does the different printing correspond to different speed of
disappearance of ink? I am still finding that the "1 - 6" version
doesn't disappear, when they used to be blank in three or four weeks.