Old November 9th 09, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default When is a travelcard not a travelcard?

Barry Salter wrote:
David Jackman wrote:

But outboundary travelcards should never be issued from within the
zones, and I wasn't previously aware that National Rail stations could
issue Z1-9 either.

The extremities of the Metropolitan Line are a special case when it
comes to the "out-boundary" rule, in that National Rail ticket offices
*can* issue a Travelcard for them (Amersham to All Zones being the usual
scenario) *and* they don't turn into a pumpkin when you reach Amersham.

Theoretically, though when I've tried this on a couple of occasions
(admittedly some time ago now) the responses were along the lines of
"That's a underground station and we are a railway station and we don't
sell tickets from underground stations, duh" or "Hmm, yes I see what you
are trying to do, and you look like you've probably read something in
Trainspotters' Fortnightly which says this is allowed, but the computer
won't seem to let me sell that. Try an Underground station. 'cept there
aren't none 'cos this is Croydon/Sutton".

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK