Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: purple pete
Forum: London Transport April 4th 06, 01:09 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By purple pete
Mill Hill East

What's the advantage to
having the train waits at the terminus for most of the time???

Err - Passengers? Its not a mini cab service that goes as soon as YOU turn
up. Timetables are printed so...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 06, 10:25 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By purple pete
What are those new cameras springing up all over the place?

To me it looks like a bus
lane camera (quite a small box) but as you say it is on a *much*
taller post than a regular speed camera or bus lane camera, and is
bright yellow (the camera unit - the post...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 06, 12:06 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By purple pete
What are those new cameras springing up all over the place?

They're gatso-yellow in colour, they're on longer poles than gastos...
Forum: London Transport January 18th 06, 10:05 PM
Replies: 83
Posted By purple pete
Is it correct to use 999 in this case...?

A few yrs ago I was on the M1 and spotted a wooden broom in the middle of
L1 laying parallel to the lane markings and called 999 because *someone* was
likely to move into L1 and not see it til it...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 05, 04:52 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By purple pete
Northern Line suspended

Just rumour, though,
at present.

Oooh, we all love a bit of rumour;-)
Forum: London Transport September 6th 05, 08:54 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By purple pete
More Tube lines now have live ETA boards

Quote - Feed updated on 6th of September 2005 at 09:57:06 - unquote

Yet its only 09:52:34 according to my radio controlled clock are they in the
future?

All lines seem 4/5 min ahead of the...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 05, 07:34 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By purple pete
Circle Line return delayed

wrote in message
No doubt that's a part too but I hear stories of up to 20 drivers off
with "shock".

As its a...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 05, 03:21 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By purple pete
Wembley Park sidings - again

Now it looks like they are knocking them down. Went past today and saw a
big JCB on the INSIDE where the tracks are and a great big hole in the side
wall where it must have entered from. Also...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 05, 07:07 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By purple pete
ETA

Any idea when the Central goes online?

Yeah, when it moves ;-)
Forum: London Transport April 21st 05, 10:20 AM
Replies: 10
ETA
Posted By purple pete
ETA

I see the Jubilee is now with the Bakerloo . I can't wait til the
Northern gers...
Forum: London Transport March 25th 05, 01:09 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By purple pete
parking and tube

"Dan" wrote in message
where is the best place to park when going into london for the day on the
tube.
I will...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 04, 11:19 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By purple pete
Commuter Strike - 20th Dec.

So that was a huge succes then

What was?
Forum: London Transport December 3rd 04, 10:50 PM
Replies: 41
Posted By purple pete
Reasons for delays

On the tube, why are there only a finite number of reasons for delays with
very little...
Forum: London Transport September 11th 04, 04:22 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By purple pete
Bicycle on the tube

Well i read it like this - you are only allowed (during app hrs) to take
your bike on the Piccadilly line Between Barons Court - Hounslow
West/Uxbridge, and Cockfosters to Oakwood ONLY.

They are NOT...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 04, 11:41 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By purple pete
Unenforced traffic ban on oxford street

I think I recall a lady who failed her driving test for NOT using a bus lane
outside of prohibited hrs.

They have just removed a bus lane cam near here as it was making £1M - yes
thats right, £1M -...
Forum: London Transport September 8th 04, 07:14 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By purple pete
Unenforced traffic ban on oxford street

Now don't get me started on those who use the bus lanes when they
shouldn't :-))

What make me laugh is people who DON'T use bus lanes when they SHOULD ;-)
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Forum Jump